Lisch hurts knee

davidlee

i was there and just from kevin's reaction, i fear the worse. the kid is so tough that if there was any way he could have played he would have. plus the fact the paper reports that kevin said "he heard a pop". after the game he was limping very badly and his face was sceaming pain. it doesnt sound good.

i was at a grade school tourney today and i was told that the MRI showed a miniscus tear. will have artho surgery this week and be playing again in a matter of weeks. probably miss the rest of the althoff season, but at least it wasnt the dreaded knee ligaments.

he was playing splendid last night as well. probably the most pure point guard game he has ever played. didnt even shoot the first quarter. mount vernon went up double digits when the mount vernon insider players were having a field day, and guess who goes and guards their 6'6" center? he had 14 when kevin started guarding him in the second quarter and i dont think he scored again until kevin went out with the injury. at least it wasnt the ligament.

no the charter game is the game that was played tonite with belleville west. my understanding is that west tore althoff to pieces without lisch.

Please keep in mind that and ACL tear is not the end of the world. In today's world most college athlete's are back from a completely torn ACL and playing again, sometimes actually with stronger muscles, at around 5-6 months, some as soon as 4 if there is no meniscal involvement as well. While straight meniscal tears are no small matter, think of Marshall Faulk who routinely gets his knee scoped during the season, sits out a week, then goes back in 2 weeks later. Keep in mind he is a pro-athlete, but anyone with good rehab and a strong desire to get back out there can return to play rather soon as compared to 5 years ago.