Saturday's Game Time

I was just wondering if anyone else would think that postponing the game time of the Cincy game to 8pm wouldn't be a bad idea. Personally, with the way this season is going, I am going to stay at home until the Rams finish off the Seahawks. Therefore, I could end up not leaving my house until 7ish. Therefore being late for the tip of the game. Anyone else expecting to be late to the game?

Steve

The Rams game will be on the big screen at Kellie O'Toole's. Two blocks north of Saavis. I'll be watching it there with a few of the coldest beers in town and then walking over to the game. I invite everyone on this board to join me.

Who really cares what time the game is Saturday? Do we really stand a chance? I am so upset with the team this year that it is just not worth wasting my time with them any longer. Soderburg is clearly overrated. the players he recruited are terrible and no one better argue this...this is the truth. SLU should go out and get someone like Quin Snyder from Mizzou. He is doing a great job (did you see the game vs Gonzaga). Quinn would recruit great players and take SLU to the tourney.

I hate to say it, but i still see SLU going 5-24 this year. one word: PATHETIC.

LOL, AMEN BROTHA!!! Glad to have you back in our ranks, at least the game won't seem as bad. You goin' to either pre- or post-parties? And who knows......maybe a Mr. Welmer will grace you with his presence at the game, just for you. See ya Saturday dude!

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago...we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.....HIT IT!"

Blues Brothers

I agree with DomeOrGoHome in that hiring someone like Quin Snyder would be great for the program. He would bring energy and excitement to SLU. SLU games are just so boring to go to. Not only are they bad, but they run a terrible and boring offense. If Snyder were coach, at least we would be running and gunning all game long, and we would have athletes to watch. Also, we need to replace Coach Beane with Anthony Bonner. Bonner is from Vashon, and will be able to relate with kids from St. Louis. Beane is from Kansas St. No high school kids even know who he is. Also, we need to just focus on recruiting kids in Missouri and Illionis (like SIU-C and SMS), and juco guys. All of our good past players fall into one of those categories. (Perry, Hughes, Highmark, Claggett, Love, Jeffers). When was the impact player SLU had a freshman not from Missouri or Illinois?

My prediction for tonight's game:

Tulane 68

SLU 59

Come on, have a little faith. Maybe all the guys made a New Year's resolution to start kicking some major league ass the second half of the season? I'm certainly hoping they did. I think the Bills will pull this one off. They know they need a little jumpstart going into Saturday, so tonight's the night to take it to our Conference opponents. I'm with the Bills tonight! GO SLU!

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago...we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.....HIT IT!"

Blues Brothers

I will most likely be at both pre and post parties. In order to really enjoy this game Saturday, I think some drunkenness will need to be accomplished.

Unfortunatly, Welmer will not be officiating any SLU games this year. I did get a chance to meet him at the KU-TCU game earlier this year. He still appreciates us. Welmer is also being inducted into the Indiana basketball HOF in March. Too bad we can't congratulate him in person.

Very cool, and I heard about Welmer's induction. And who says we can't congatulate him in person? j/k Anywho, maybe we'll see him around tourney time. See you SABADO!

Blues Brothers

Hey skip, if that was in reference to me, would you like some cheese with the whiiiiiiiiinnnnnne? Excuse me for being excited about having one of the most beloved band members back for probably the best game to come back for. It'll be good to have another person who will actually cheer and yell for the team. So MYOB. And make that 5 posts!

Blues Brothers

I believe you owe me an apology ... and I make as much noise maybe more than anyone in the arena

Look at the post it says who it is a reply to ... and you have more than 5 posts ... I like your enthusiasm just check yourself before blasting someone ... please keep posting ... I just think the people who come to the board to stir ###### up with negative bs should get a life or jump off a building or something constructive with their time

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Then my apology, sorry skip. I don't come to stir stuff up, and I don't doubt you make as much noise. My bad. Sorry, loooooooong, rough day here at work.

Blues Brothers

>Who really cares what time the game is Saturday? Do we

>really stand a chance?

in answer to the questions, no one cares and no, you have no chance. everyone watch the NFL, and tell the billikannots to call it in. save the bearcats the trauma associated with inflicting pain upon the hapless and the helpless and save yourselves the trauma of watching it. i myself wish i had avoided the trauma associated with watching the fightin illini demolish uc. oh, the pain, the pain.

speaking of pains, how's slu72, bonwich, thicks, and roy doin these days?

call it in? sir, you are talking about the first place billikens!

btw, i am treating your boy, naticat, and his lovely fiancee to the game saturday nite. so i will have a bearcat presense with me to enjoy the upset.