Outclassed...

Schasz

This coming from the mouth of Coach Soderberg after last night's 30 point beating. He also said this is not a good basketball team...OK he did throw in the right now. I think it is acceptable for fans to question if this year's team will ever be a good basketball team. I don't see a lot of cupcakes left on the remainder of the schedule, and just maybe the size of the loss to the Zags will become more frequent. How many games can this team expect to win if they don't dramatically improve their shooting. I think I just read one poster make his prediction of 10 wins. If they win 10 or less what does that do for recruiting...we do have what a couple scholies left to give. I was hoping for some help at the 4 position. I am wandering if the season is in the tank if we can realistically expect to bring in a player or two who can make a difference next year.

Post-Dispatch Story

When it comes down to it basketball is a game and games are supposed to be fun. There is nothing fun about the tentative, overly conservative, utterly predictable way the Billikens play basketball. There is no point in playing if the actual act of playing isn't fun AND you don't win. Quality recruiting becomes almost impossible.

I hope the best for your program, and not from a selfish RPI position. You seem to be going through a tough period right now. All I can offer is to hang in there and support your team.

You ran into a pissed off Zag team last Saturday. The emphasis of previous opponents has been to contain Turiaf. Your team held him to perhaps a career low. That is a credit to your team and coaching staff. Unfortunately, we are pretty loaded and apparently it has been stressed to Ronny that he must learn to pass out of the double and triple teams. He did a little better in the time that he was not hampered by fouls.

You do have some young talent and it should be fun to watch them grow over the years.

There have been some murmurs suggesting that a Catholic / Jesuit mini-tournament be organized for some time in the future OOC. I hope to see it come to fruition.

Until that point, best of luck for the remainder of the schedule and we'll see you next year. Also, thank you for your hospitality over the last week.

Akzag

Hey Cheesy and friends....this is a perfect example of how one should behave when visiting another teams message board. This poster has been quite classy in his comments...please learn from it.

only because of the way the typical mi$$ouri fan has treated us. treat us fairly and with respect and tiger fans would be accepted. if you remember, there was a gonzaga bozo that came here a few months ago that was spraying all over the place. he wasnt well received either.