Bills Embarrassed (nm)

So much for my delusions of grandeur. So much for a higher-powered offense. It sounds like the defense was typically tough, but the Billikens couldn't score. They got tons of shots blocked, and I think I heard they went something like 3-15 from 3pt, at one point.

Final score 52-45 in OT, Billikens lose. Bryant led the way with 14 points.

it is disappointing to hear that the austin peay two guards scored right at 80% of their points. we would hope our strength defensively is our athletic guards.

we shot 19% from the field.

True, it didn't meet the 3:30 pm deadline, but this time I did it before tip-off.

It's really too early to get down. Brad's teams typically start off slow. We're a small team that must knock down the shots to win. Sometimes they fall, sometimes they don't.

>True, it didn't meet the 3:30 pm deadline, but this time I

>did it before tip-off.

>

>It's really too early to get down. Brad's teams typically

>start off slow. We're a small team that must knock down the

>shots to win. Sometimes they fall, sometimes they don't.

I entered your pick, hoping you'd be wrong. Even though you were late (the rule is 60 minutes before the start, not any time before tip-off), I counted it, and even though I hate that you were the only one who picked the Bills to lose, I won't deny you out of spite just because you will be the only one with points and will have a 13-point lead.

Next time, however, I will enforce the deadline.

Guys, lets not freak out yet (it's a bit early). Reggie was hurt (Drejaj started at shooting guard) and we all knew this team goes only as far as Reggie takes us. I think we were down 10 points by the time Reggie entered the game and he clear had no lift on his jump shot which limited his range. With no range, the defender could lay back totally changing the dynamic of Reg's game.

3 of the blocks were against Drejaj driving so let's not get hung up over Drejaj getting swatted. I love the Albanian Assassin but a leaper he is not.

On the downside, Izik pulled his normal great move no finish routine over and over tonight. We got problems at PF. I'm tempted to say go small with Danny Brown at 3 and Newborne at 4.

I hate losing a game like this.

Austin Peay did make it to the 2nd round of the NIT Last year. They beat the Powerhouse Belmont in the 1st round. They played UK, UofL, Memphis, WKY, before winning all but 1 conference game. They were a good team last year. However, they are a team we should be able to beat. SLU has a history of blowing the 1st game so all is not lost yet.

Maybe one day we will get a season where we play well wire to wire.