I'm surprised...

slu72

One of the best post I've ever read on this site. Not that it means anything coming from me but a great positive contribution. What do you think of Fishers play so far. Love that he took 14 shots last game 5-14 not great but his shots will fall. Watched Fisher in district finals here scored 15 straight points while team down by five one of greatest highschool games ever seen. Washington basketball doesn't get any respect. What have you heard about Highschool ball here.Couldn't tell you about any recruits now but I watched Jamal Crawford and Fisher go at it Mercer Island and Rainier Beach you would have to go the the JV game just to get a seat. Well hope to get some feed back keep up the positive attitude the billikens are gonna make some noise this year.

Billikan - once again, you misread what is actually said. I never said that lazy talent is good. What I said was and what the coach said was that you need good players and can not expect to be succesful with role players starting. Also, excuse me for not understanding that if YOU believe something then it has to be correct. The truth of the matter is your opinion is not any more right than anyone else's on this topic. I accept those of you who say IO will be fine - I hope you are correct. All I want is some consistent play in games out of him - I will feel better and the team will be better off when he can show this. Win/win for everyone.

You guys have completely missed the point. Everyone has a right to an opinion and everyone sure gives their two cents on this board which is a great thing. However, when it comes to the individual players I think we should at least not criticize them until the games start. the whole theme that I was criticizing is the one that says it will be awful if Varner is playing regardless of whether we are winning or not. If he plays and fails then he deserves to be criticized. But until then let's all support him and the team.

I understand what you were saying but no one made any comments that were personal to Ross. DD last year in particular got treated far more rudely than Ross has been on this board by some. Tonka - you are correct, silly of me to forget that you are always correct. Good to see some humor finally injected in the thread.

i agree with drew. we all know that izik has talent. but what good is talent if the player wont put out the needed effort at both ends to maximize those skills. by no means do i think varner is our selection, but if he earned the job, by all means he should play. dont hand anyone anything. let's hope izik wakes up and realizes what opportunity is passing him by.

a number of good posts here. those spitting fire at ross are way off base. ross should be commended for trying to bring the level of intensity of the team up. if the others wont play at his level. let them sit and watch. brad knows for the billikens to be succssful, there cant be any coasting. i will take 110% effort over half a$$ed any day. i dont care how good a player is. in fact, if the supremely talented loaf, typically they will bring the rest of the team down as well. cant let that even start to develop. kudos to the coaches for a brave decision imo.