Schedule

AB34

I know that the schedule is final, but that they're waiting on times from the Savvis. I wonder if the NHL goes on an extended strike if we can get some of the Saturday games moved to 7 o'clock tips? Does anyone think this is possible? I prefer Sat. night games over the day. Much more buzz, more students show up, people go out to dinner and then for some cocktails later.

i have mixed feelings on the saturday nite games. i agree the billiken atmosphere might be enhanced, but from my own selfish viewpoint, i watch a lot of area high school basketball and friday and saturday nites are high school games.

Our dear friends to the west, complete with their own nifty new arena, have precisely 2 evening games among the 8 Saturday games for which times have been announced.

In fairness, as I look at Wisconsin's schedule, Saturdays are pretty evenly split between afternoons and evenings. Still, I question the statement that Saturday night games will somehow bring out more students -- and as for before and after activities, St. Louis is traditionally a "drive in for the event, get the hell out immediately afterward" town.

I don't see what is so great about Sat nite games. I would much rather have it during the day or on fri nite. I even think a week nite game gets a good turnout as opposed to the Sat nite because there is less entertainment competition on say a Wed nite as opposed to Saturday.