Semi-OT: Liverpool at Hermann Stadium

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/760179780327182344

This tweet caught me off guard, I didn't think there was anything notable about it until I realized it was from the official LFC twitter and not the SLU Athletics or SLU soccer account.

Pretty neat one of the coolest brands in soccer is warming up at are stadium, I wonder if any of the squads got the chance to watch or interact with them.

It's pretty standard for college teams to train with national team / club teams that use their facilities for friendlies / international tournaments - so I would presume so. With that said, I would also presume SLU soccer would have been posting photos of that on their social media pages, so maybe not!

1 hour ago, slu06 said:

It's pretty standard for college teams to train with national team / club teams that use their facilities for friendlies / international tournaments - so I would presume so. With that said, I would also presume SLU soccer would have been posting photos of that on their social media pages, so maybe not!

I had no idea this was the industry standard. 

2 hours ago, NextYearBill said:

I had no idea this was the industry standard. 

It's not and the following is correct

50 minutes ago, BuiltFordBills said:

From my experience they don't train with them but are able to observe their training session and possibly meet some of the players.  Even that is a pretty cool opportunity for the SLU athletes.