SLU on the Today Show

bonwich

We made a repeat appearance this morning, with our fans involved in a cheer-off with Xavier and TCU. Carson Daly was our cheerleader and wore a set of Billiken ears sideways. Unfortunately, I can't find any pix -- maybe someone on the board was there.

Tough to cheer on a team that's no longer playing. Not sure what penance has to do with it.

Yay! You're commenting on this thread, cool couldn't wait to get you to weigh in, your opinion is super important to me and all of us really, and you're such an expert on everything.

The King of Semantics

Cheer for our school is that better?

Also penance is a punishment for sins. As in must we punish ourselves for this season? Or can some fans of SLU have fun if they want? I'll go with it's OK for them to have fun and cheer for the school if they want to. I'm crazy like that

I'll hang up and listen please tell us about NFL/NBA expansion, the civil rights movement, the intricacies of the motion offense and the US Legal System or whatever really, I love it all.

Yay! You're commenting on this thread, cool couldn't wait to get you to weigh in, your opinion is super important to me and all of us really, and you're such an expert on everything.

The King of Semantics

Cheer for our school is that better?

Also penance is a punishment for sins. As in must we punish ourselves for this season? Or can some fans of SLU have fun if they want? I'll go with it's OK for them to have fun and cheer for the school if they want to. I'm crazy like that

I'll hang up and listen please tell us about NFL/NBA expansion, the civil rights movement, the intricacies of the motion offense and the US Legal System or whatever really, I love it all.

verb blath·er \ˈbla-thər\
blath·eredblath·er·ing
\-th(ə-)riŋ\
Definition of BLATHER
intransitive verb
: to talk foolishly at length —often used with on
blath·er·er
\-thər-ər\ noun
Origin of BLATHER
Old Norse blathra; akin to Middle High German blōdern to chatter
First Known Use: 1524
Rhymes with BLATHER
2blather
noun

: foolish or dull talk or writing that continues for a long time

Full Definition of BLATHER
: voluble nonsensical or inconsequential talk or writing
See blather defined for English-language learners
Examples of BLATHER
  1. listening to a lot of blather from politicians about who's to blame for the bad economy
  2. <wanted to retire quietly and without all the blather of an office send-off>
First Known Use of BLATHER

verb blath·er \ˈbla-thər\
blath·eredblath·er·ing
\-th(ə-)riŋ\
Definition of BLATHER
intransitive verb
: to talk foolishly at length —often used with on
blath·er·er
\-thər-ər\ noun
Origin of BLATHER
Old Norse blathra; akin to Middle High German blōdern to chatter
First Known Use: 1524
Rhymes with BLATHER
2blather
noun

: foolish or dull talk or writing that continues for a long time

Full Definition of BLATHER
: voluble nonsensical or inconsequential talk or writing
See blather defined for English-language learners
Examples of BLATHER
  1. listening to a lot of blather from politicians about who's to blame for the bad economy
  2. <wanted to retire quietly and without all the blather of an office send-off>
First Known Use of BLATHER

Was there a picture of you next to these definitions?

Ruh roh...out pops the nuclear option--the "rubber glue" defense. "A-bomb" indeed. I may have to pull out the line about mothers and elderberries to turn the rise of this battle.

Ruh roh...out pops the nuclear option--the "rubber glue" defense. "A-bomb" indeed. I may have to pull out the line about mothers and elderberries to turn the rise of this battle.

Enlighten me on this one. I had a mother, but I've never had an elderberry.

Geez. What is your quest, anyway?

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries. Go, now, before I taunt you a second tie-um.

tumblr_inline_nkgznqUXth1r5rirb.gif

What a strange person, Patsy..

Hmmm... out of all the stuff that you could call out on this board, wonder why you chose to jump on that post made by hsmith? "Amused by posters who cannot get past political differences" ;)

Hmmm... out of all the stuff that you could call out on this board, wonder why you chose to jump on that post made by hsmith? "Amused by posters who cannot get past political differences" ;)

Wow this post is like hypocrisy inception.

More "rubber glue." Tough to argue with such incisive commentary.

You'll be sure to try though right?

Please try

You'll be sure to try though right?

Please try

I'm not sure what my next move should be. An online flamewar with someone who tries to show how little he cares about someone else's opinion by feverishly pecking out voluminous paragraphs about that opinion is always a formidable task.

We've already covered your campaign to boycott the university over a hypothetical statue you're afraid you might eventually be offended by once it's designed and completed. We've also covered your position on whether it's possible (and consistent with Catholic doctrine) to root for a basketball team at a tournament they've already eliminated from. So which opinion that you don't care about should be next? The whole gluten thing seems promising. I hear Pestello might have Celiac's.