early saturday rambling roy in all lower case, no initials, who couldn’t care less about spelling and grammar errors.

Okay, let me make my own statement ...Mike Crawford will be more of a role player than a build-around star.

Previous and similar role players, with varying degrees of success = Anthony Drejaj (6.9 ppg), Jake Barnett (3.5), Cory Frazier (5.9), Troy Robertson, Kyle Cassity (4.9) , Brian Conklin (7.0 ppg sans senior year), John Redden (2.7), Luke Meyer (6.6), Donnie Campbel (2.3), Carl Turner (6.6), Virgil Cobbin (9.1), Chris Heinrich (5.1) and on and on it goes. That would put his current stats within the range, eh? If you want to use stats.

And insane, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. I can put Crawford light years ahead of some of these guys in terms of court sense, heady play and some other, relatively immeasurable traits. I liek Mike Crawford. I hated Chris Collins and Josh Reddick and Brad Relaford. Yet I want Crawford to be them. Insanityain't that bad. It helps if your a Billiken fan.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

crawford's progress has been somewhat stifled by last year's approach to go with all of the seniors (win now) and this year his health problem and death in his family, but from what i see he is ahead of troy robertson and has the ability to far surpass him as a player.

re: statistics and bizzleboy, hey, the use of just a few stats to assess a player is dangerous, and those who do not know better are vulnerable, so i hit bizzle hard to be more careful. i am sure there is some ex high school guard who fed lew alcindor years ago in high school and has an impressive assists total, but is no chris paul. so one slu player scoring, say, 6.1 ppg several years ago was in a different world than the player bizzleboy compared him to this year who scored, say, 4.9 ppg. and, when novice posters here criticize crews for his rotation based on a few statistics, they do not know (nor do i) if the player in question missed assignments on offense or defense, well, there are dozens of factors. lying with statistics is an art & science, providing misleading partial statistics is a dangerous path to take.

crawford's progress has been somewhat stifled by last year's approach to go with all of the seniors (win now) and this year his health problem and death in his family, but from what i see he is ahead of troy robertson and has the ability to far surpass him as a player.

re: statistics and bizzleboy, hey, the use of just a few stats to assess a player is dangerous, and those who do not know better are vulnerable, so i hit bizzle hard to be more careful. i am sure there is some ex high school guard who fed lew alcindor years ago in high school and has an impressive assists total, but is no chris paul. so one slu player scoring, say, 6.1 ppg several years ago was in a different world than the player bizzleboy compared him to this year who scored, say, 4.9 ppg. and, when novice posters here criticize crews for his rotation based on a few statistics, they do not know (nor do i) if the player in question missed assignments on offense or defense, well, there are dozens of factors. lying with statistics is an art & science, providing misleading partial statistics is a dangerous path to take.

This is a completely fair point, MB. And I am actually glad you and other posters pointed out that I didn't show MPG initially, which was needed to add further context to the comparison. Obviously, the main thing I was trying to do was provide as accurate a picture as possible when trying to compare the two classes at the same points in their respective seasons. Statistics from the top four players who compare favorably with each other seemed the best way to go. It can't be a direct apples to apples comparison, but it at least presents some insight and a place to start a conversation.

In the end, we likely see eye to eye on this class and its upside/potential. However, there's no real fun in bizzleboy and MB agreeing on things, so I think we'll just continue to jab at each other. :)

i continue to see the freshman improve, but am still trying to figure out the offensive scheme that JC is trying to run. In RM's early years, he had a plan and an offensive scheme and stuck with it, win or lose. Someone please tell me what JC is trying to do on offense, other than post Milik and pass the ball around the peremeter, i must be missing something.

i continue to see the freshman improve, but am still trying to figure out the offensive scheme that JC is trying to run. In RM's early years, he had a plan and an offensive scheme and stuck with it, win or lose. Someone please tell me what JC is trying to do on offense, other than post Milik and pass the ball around the peremeter, i must be missing something.

I share your confusion, but I do pause to question how much JC's schemes are completely derailed by inexperienced freshman. I gave JC some crap and I'm still not sold, but I do think it's fair to wonder how much better this offense would run without so many mistakes.