Top 144 for 2014-15 (#144 = Fordham)

Taj79

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Won't be the first time, won't be the last. As for finishing 9 and 21 and opening at #150 in the Pomeroy, great. This review/list is not the Pomeroy. I respect the Pomeroy more, likely because it's statistically driven. This seems to deal in a lot of opinion. My opinion is that there is not a lot of solid proof coming back. Saying we will be Top 50 in February is "certainly within reason", sure do-do happens. And I have said I look forward to this season just to see if the unknowns provide answers. Would you agree with me if I said the current coach ran last year's roster into the ground by March? That's neither good nor bad --- he went with what he knew. And it worked. But none of the freshmen really developed. Unknowns.

I'm going to let this go. But I still stand by my thoughts and opinions. The latest ranking goes to Southern Miss. Can't wait.

I'll agree JC wore 'EM down last season, hence the late season swoon. But that was probably more due to the fact we weren't really a dominating team to begin with and had a lot of close games. TL got some valuable minutes at the end so that's a plus. Mc3, JM, and GG all had respectable minutes, but didn't overwhelm anyone. Who knows how it will go, but I'm hoping for development every game.

St. Joe's comes in at #127. Interesting, their A-10 conference rank is listed as #10. Fordham's A-10 conference rank is #11. Are we lower ranked than #11 in a fourteen team conference? I think not. Therefore, I think I will be wrong ..... we will get on this list. Although I still can't wait for the rationale.

kshoe wins again.

St. Joe's comes in at #127. Interesting, their A-10 conference rank is listed as #10. Fordham's A-10 conference rank is #11. Are we lower ranked than #11 in a fourteen team conference? I think not. Therefore, I think I will be wrong ..... we will get on this list. Although I still can't wait for the rationale.

kshoe wins again.

I still think that we will get a little overhyped for next season because of our success in recent years. That certainly doesn't hurt, though things need to be kept in perspective and next season is still mainly a rebuilding season...

Reading the St Joes write up it's going to be interesting to read ours assuming we make the cut. SJ loses 3 starters who we're major contributors but return two starters along with a redshirt and a transfer. We lose 5 starters, 4 of whom made up the bulk of our scoring. Yes, we have a transfer from a major program, but he wasn't exactly a star. We have Three players returning who saw significant minutes, but none showed signs of being a go to type. Three Sophs who are still question marks, and 5 incoming FR who were 2 and 3 stars. On paper it would seem SJ's has more going for them than SLU. So, it will be interesting to see what the analyst says about our 3 unproven Sophs since they'll pretty much be the keys to how we do this year.

As we all know this stuff is nothing but a crap shoot. I agree that past success usually gets you ranked early in this 144 poll. The proof will be in how we play during the seaso. I have no clue as to what to expect but if you put a gun to my head I would say 500 would be about right but as others have said about being wrong goes for me also,