What's going on with Reggie?

Tonka

All this talk about our new recruits, future prospects, the much needed recruitment of a 4, and I haven't heard much about Reggie Bryant. I can tell you all right now, that if there isn't much noise being made about Reggie then we are in really good shape. I can remember last year waiting for Reggie to play and hearing great things about him, yet not knowing what to anticipate. I was so fired up when I saw him play. There was a lot of pressure on Reggie last year in terms of expectations. Reggie also had some personal things to deal with. I personally cannot wait to see what he does this year. Anybody heard anything about Reggie this summer they would like to report? Forgive me if I missed posts about him, I just haven't read much recently.

Reggie is playing this summer at the Anthony Bonner league at Vashon. He is playing for Team Vokal a Nelly sponsered team.Also on the team is David Lee and last week Penny hardaway made an appearace with them. they play every Saturday and SUnday all day!

brehms, it would be neat to get the "inside story" on the game with penny from reg. why penny was there? what kind of stuff did they talk about? what reggie took away from the game? etc.

before his knee injury, hardaway was on his way to a hof career. he is one of my favorite college players of all-time and it is a shame he never got a chance to play his whole nba career without injury.

Reg is fine. He's doing his Practicum this summer with the St. Louis Police Department working with detectives etc......Hasn't worked much with the camps at school. He's very excited about this season coming up, he works out with the guys. Basically this summer is just about his classes and coming home for his remaining time to be with our father. Our father is still going through rehab after his stroke and should be out of the hospital by the time Reg gets to come home. So that will be good. Reg isn't a spotlight type of fellow, he doesn't talk much, he just lays back. It's funny though, he says that a lot of people even staff members there at St. Louis assumes he's totally different from what he's actually like, but since you all get to see him more often than we, give him a hello. This last year has been very very hard to complete with our fathers illness, but he's hanging in there and can use the encouragement. He's definitely feeling it out there this summer being away from home. That's just for anyone on the board who get to see the guys this summer.

I'll be sure to ask him, like I said he doesn't give any details what so ever, that certainly would be a good story for me as well. Thanks to the board I can really get some details about what's going on, with Reg if u don't ask, u won't know. :)

Glad to hear from you Brehms ... don't stay away. Glad to hear your father is doing better. Don't forget all of our best wishes are with your dad and your family. I bet with the new recruits Reg is really looking forward to his Sr year. I feel this will be a phenomenal year for him. The addition of secondary scoring options along with Polk's playmaking abilities should really give him some much needed space to work. I can't wait for the season to start. Do you get here for any games ... if so let us know and if you have time we could all get together for a beer ... we did it last year and it is good to have a face and personality to go with the posts.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

i think skip is correct on the thought that the incoming group of recruits will help reggie. if you think about it, reggie was as good as it gets until halfway through the cusa season. i.e. everyone's first or only time facing him or little scouting reports. after that, the competition figured out he was really the only "create his own shot" guy on the team. down the stretch, reggie faced everyone's josh fisher and gimmick defense. now if polk and alexander are the threats we believe, teams arent going to be able to cheat defensively near as much. i believe reggie gets even a little daylight it will be party time.

Sorry guys, Reg said he definitely hasn't played with Penny Hardaway this summer, nor was he on Team Vokal. He actually was on the opposite team, but since he has been on the boot that he hasn't really played much. He says he's talked to many superstars and NBA ballers this summer but hasn't played against any. Manages to get out there to see his teammates play but that's about it. So no good inside story from Penny.

Well I hope you're right. I've told Reg this is his year, the year he's been waiting for, so we'll see, I'm sure it will be productive. He's catching a lot of slack about his defense from the coach, so I'll be very interested to see how this season plays out. Reg lets his game speak for him, never has been one for a war of words....so he's gonna channel all his energies into playing the best season of his life this year. I'm stoked about it really, I want to see how much support he'll actually have with the new guys. Reg thinks all of them are great additions for the team. I haven't been to any games in St. Louis yet, but do plan to be at a few this season. We have family out there in Louisville, Memphis, etc......so he's been well supported on that end, but Baltimore will definitely be in the house this year. I can guarantee that.

brehms, it is my guess that the reason that reggie takes some heat for defense is that he has shown on occasion to be an outstanding defender. a couple of his defensive stands were key to some victories. knowing brad, if he sees it once, he expects it all the time. not that reggie doesnt play good defense ever, but he has played outstanding defense thus brad wants him to do that every trip.