SLU Basketball on the Rise

These seniors did nothing but overachieve each and every day they were here. Because of them, countless people across the country that didn't know about SLU basketball do now. These bright young men have great futures ahead of them.

While it is a huge loss to see all of the seniors go, I cannot wait to see how next year's freshmen do. Heck, we might even make the tournament if certain players all have Conklin summers. And if that happens, we may have a new "most winningest class" developing at SLU. We will only continue to get better.

But no one will ever forget what this class and these seniors did for us; it was such a privilege to watch. Now, it's time to look ahead to our future.

These seniors did nothing but overachieve each and every day they were here. Because of them, countless people across the country that didn't know about SLU basketball do now. These bright young men have great futures ahead of them.

While it is a huge loss to see all of the seniors go, I cannot wait to see how next year's freshmen do. Heck, we might even make the tournament if certain players all have Conklin summers. And if that happens, we may have a new "most winningest class" developing at SLU. We will only continue to get better.

But no one will ever forget what this class and these seniors did for us; it was such a privilege to watch. Now, it's time to look ahead to our future.

Good post. And I agree.

Bookmark this post. We may struggle next year. Which isn't a surprise considering we lose our entire starting 5. But in 2 years and beyond this program will begin to reach heights we haven't reached in decades. The group of Freshman we are bringing in are as good as we have recruited in a long time. We are going to have multiple kids who can handle the ball and score, except instead of being 6'0 and 6'1 they are going to be 6'3 and 6'4. We will have the same lock-down defense, but with more length on the perimeter. Big times are ahead for the Billikens.

Oh, and Miles Reynolds will start for us next year. Kid is solid as a rock.

Good post. And I agree.

Bookmark this post. We may struggle next year. Which isn't a surprise considering we lose our entire starting 5. But in 2 years and beyond this program will begin to reach heights we haven't reached in decades. The group of Freshman we are bringing in are as good as we have recruited in a long time. We are going to have multiple kids who can handle the ball and score, except instead of being 6'0 and 6'1 they are going to be 6'3 and 6'4. We will have the same lock-down defense, but with more length on the perimeter. Big times are ahead for the Billikens.

I agree whole heartedly. It will be very interesting to see what impact Ash Yacoubou will have this year. I think he could be a very important piece the next two years. Grandy needs to work on fundamentals and Manning needs to keep adding mass and work on post moves. The freshmen (sophomores next year) need to get in better shape and continue to absorb the offense and defense. The FNG's need to come in ready to learn on the fly and fight for PT. I could easily see at 20-22 Win season (or more). By the end of the year I think we'll either be fighting for a Tourney spot or ending some other team's dreams. We are almost to the point that we "Re-load" not "Re-build" every year.

I'm excited. I said to my friends since the beginning of the season "If we're going to make a run in the tournament this is the year to do it." While we came up short of our goal of reaching the Sweet 16, and we lose all of our starting 5, by the time this upcoming recruiting class reaches its junior/senior year, we may be lethal. It doesn't hurt to have high hopes.

Need to keep the momentum going. I hope by next February we are playing at a high level. I settle for a NIT next year and then 3 NCAAs again for this group of guards. Its now totally in JC hands.

Need to keep the momentum going. I hope by next February we are playing at a high level. I settle for a NIT next year and then 3 NCAAs again for this group of guards. Its now totally in JC hands.

No. 7 NCAA appearances in a row. At the LEAST.