according to insiders.com

we are no longer on "the list" of the landry kid from milwaukee. i.e. we are now not recruiting any inside players for next year according to "the experts".

We only have four scholarships this fall. Two are set aside for Liddell and Lisch, so we essentially have two scholarships.

There have been rumors that Brian Cusworth may transfer to SLU before the summer is over. http://tinyurl.com/2cq96 Supposedly, Brian now weighs about 250 lbs.

There are also rumors that we are still the leader for Dennard Abraham:

http://www.southplainscollege.edu/athletics/mugs04/44.jpg

If there is any validity to these rumors, then your concerns may be alleviated.

I would think that IF Dennard (being a late qualifier out of prep school)had earned good grades his first juco year (i.e., accumulated 24 quality/transferable credit hours) and IF he still liked SLU, that he would have been offered and taken SLU's 12th or 13th scholarship. Evidently, one or both of these two factors didn't happen!

Yes, I'm definitely Reg's sister :).........but to answer the question, Dennard didn't get the SAT scores, so he chose JUCO last year, he has another year to go before he can transfer......But He liked SLU, just didn't make the score. He would have been an asset to this team.

David:

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being certain, how "certain" is the rumor (wow, is that as close as you can get to an oxymoron without corssing the line or what?) on Cusworth and how good is he, especially relative to Husak. And while you're at it, can I have this weekend's winning lottery numbers, too?

P.S. Getting any sleep? ;o)

Well I know it doesn't matter whether he played with Reg or not, I just think he liked SLU, but it would've been an easier transition, being so far from home, having someone he knew there (Reg). But I'm thinking after two years at JUCO, basically if he's still interested which I assume he will be, then he'll adjust just fine.