Bigger Difference-Maker: JJ or KM?

Bills By 40

Very hard to quantify this.

Jett so far is having the singular season. His Sr year if it continues will be just as good as any Billikens player since Bonner's riduiculous 89-90 year of 20/14.

Career wise you have to go Kwamain, I don't think we'll fully grasp the effect Mitchell had on our program for years to come. Jett will be looked as a great player with one excellent, a better version of Conklin maybe.

End of game, I take Kwamain. Jett can get to the rack but so can Mitchell, and Mitchell can shoot it from anywhere inside the half court line with the game on the line.

Jett is probably having one of the best season a single billiken basketball player has had in a few years. Yes, I agree with all of you he has a better team around on paper, but KM has also had some good teams as well. They might have underachieved per our standards though. KM's freshman year he had Kevin Lisch, Tommy Liddell III, Brian Conklin and Willie Reed around him. Yes most of these players were not proven yet, but lisch and liddell were studs (1000+ pts scorers) at that time. Then his sophomore year he had willie reed, kyle casidity, and cody ellis. This was probably his worst team around him at slu, because we all know what happened with the situation the next year. Other than those two years, he has had the team Jett has had around him. KM should get credit for creating the winning atmosphere at SLU, but as far as the bigger difference maker i am going to go with Jett. He has won three A-10 player of the week awards this year (2 in the past two weeks) and has been more consistent the past two years as far as player production. KM is definitely a close second though because of his confidence and big shot ability.

JJ's game winning shot against La Salle = KM's shot to lead to OT vs. Dayton. I'd say JJ's had more importance, securing a road win and the program's longest single-season winning streak ever.

JJ has become just as clutch as KM and I guess until the end of the year, this argument will be tough. I think the deciding factor between the two in comparison would be post-season success and if JJ can lead us to, say round of 16 or elite 8? (that's just being glass half empty, really he'll carry us to a national championship) that will be what decides who is the better all-time Billiken.

I love everything that KM did for the program. However, the answer to the question is JJ.

Right now, and I'm just talking right now, not a four year career comparison, JJ is more of a force on offense than KM was at any point during his time here. Add to that that JJ is much more effective defensively (they gave equal effort, but JJ gets more out of his frame) and that JJ rebounds much better than KM ever did, and you have your answer.

Free throws - about equal. Mid range shot - about equal. KM's only advantage is in three point shooting and its not like KM was lights out. Again, not taking anything away from KM. He's one of my favorites, but what JJ is giving us is off the charts right now on both ends of the floor.

Got to love both of these players. On offense this year, for comparison's sake, JJ does benefit from our slightly more wide open, quicker paced style. We aren't burning 20 seconds off the shot clock on almost every possession as Rickma preferred.

I agree and I think we cannot give an answer to this quesiton until the season is over. KM's performance in the Memphis game in Columbus was absolutely outstanding against a favored team for a team in the big dance the first time for all of those players. JJ has more pure athletic firepower but KM was the much better shooter from long range. We should just feel blessed to have had them both.

JJ's game winning shot against La Salle = KM's shot to lead to OT vs. Dayton. I'd say JJ's had more importance, securing a road win and the program's longest single-season winning streak ever.

JJ has become just as clutch as KM and I guess until the end of the year, this argument will be tough. I think the deciding factor between the two in comparison would be post-season success and if JJ can lead us to, say round of 16 or elite 8? (that's just being glass half empty, really he'll carry us to a national championship) that will be what decides who is the better all-time Billiken.

JJ is clutch. KM was more clutch (at this point)...JJ's game winner against LaSalle was equivalent to Kwamain's game winner against St. Bona. I remember Kwa hitting some sick, high pressure shots throughout his career. There was a game against UMKC where they kept hanging around because we were playing awful and he was the only one scoring (including some very big 3's)...same is true for RI last season. Off the top of my head, he hit dagger 3's against Dayton, one vs VCU in the A-10 Tourney last season, and Memphis. That doesn't mean he was a more valuable player, but he definitely had the gene. McBroom seems to have that gene, too...he's hit some huge 3's this season.

JJ,

senior year hurt or not KM was the third guard. MM needs to keep on shooting-if he does it will be like the Douglas-Gray years

where the two ended up 1 and 2 in total points. They were shooters.

JJ gets the edge in the clutch, rebounds and KM was the better passer but if you look at steals and assists JJ is having a fine year.

JJ and Glaze need to figure out how to throw the ball past our man without the ball going out of bounds. Passing to a guy standing still and having the ball stolen is both of our players faults.