Fore!!!

Schasz

OK you weekend duffers...in this slooooow time...time to quit arguing politics as it's a friggin no win proposition, so who do you like in the US Open. Former St. Louis Metro area resident(frankly I don't know where he lives these days), Jay Haas is the leader in the clubhouse at -4. Not too many shooting below par and frankly if someone can shoot par for the 72 holes then they may have a real chance at winning this Tourney.

By the way and heads up fellow West Coast Florida golfers...I am back playing golf again. I have two rounds booked this weekend, and I did not hit the ball too bad last weekend after about a year and a half layoff. I guess that's what getting the weight off means...time to take my frustrations on the something else.

Actually BR, I would rather play than watch golf. I now have someone in my future son-in-law that I can do just that. Last weekend we were on the tee of a hole that was some 300 yards away, and he said to me, I think I will go for it. Sure enough, he hit the ball on the green...I would freakin do almost anything to hit the ball like he can.

i dont watch pro golf. i just cant identify with those guys. it just seems fake. besides, they are cheating themselves. think about what i pay to play golf per stroke and these guys are paying twice as much! ha ha. they are obviously idiots.

PGA and LPGA is fun to watch in person, except the spectators sweat more than the golfers and use more calories keeping up with a player as they go around. I prefer playing also since my caddying days at Algonquin in Webster Groves. I enjoyed following and talking to Yogi Berra at the Bob Hope tournament in Palm Springs a few years ago, and watching Arnold Palmer in person. We duffers don't have a clue what the pros know about the game. But that's what makes it a challenge and fun??!!

Lobo,

No I have not yet but intend to play at one of their courses soon. Right now Chi Chi Rodriguez has an unbelievably low price on 10 rounds of golf. We are playing at Chi Chi's on Saturday and then I will play Lansbrook which is my home course on Sunday. Heck, I may even throw in time for a lesson with the Lansbrook Pro tomorrow.

alameda bob,

I agree with seeing the PGA Pro golfers in person...those guys are simply amazing. I only did it one time and that was for the PGA the last time it was in St. Louis in the early 90's when Nick Price won it. One of my main objects was to see John Daly hit his driver and even though he was not in contention, I was not disappointed one little bit.

"We duffers don't have a clue what the pros know about the game."

What's there to know? You swing, you cuss. Repeat. Not that difficult. ;o)