Majerus will not return to SLU

slufan13

I think I echo everyone's sentiments in wishing Majerus a speedy recovery and hoping for the best for him. Don't worry about coaching, or this team, or your players, or those who admire you...just worry about yourself and get better, get your health in order. Hopefully you have a lot of life ahead of you. You gave us all a bunch of great memories as the Billiken head coach, and I, along with many others, will never forget that glorious weekend in Columbus. I will cherish those memories forever.

Thank you, Rick Majerus. Thank you.

I find it heartening that Dr. Chaifetz has been at both of the first two home games; I believe he will be heavily involved in moving this program forward. He obviously lives and dies with the Billikens on a nightly basis like we do. Unlike most of us he is super rich.

I could not agree more. That weekend in Columbus was magical and the team played its heart our against two really talented team and got one tough win and almost upset a no 1 seed. RM was quirky and a bit odd off the court but on the court and at practice he was a one of the best I have ever seen. What a shame that his health cut short his career.

Well, as a Sr Citizen and long time Bills fan, I can't thank RM enough for that weekend in Columbus. Anyone who was there, and others who read on here how great it was to be a Bills fan, surely were hoping for a repeat at least over the next two years. Will we get it? I don't know, but at least we have last year.

More important right now, though, is RM's apparent struggle to survive. Go get 'em, Rick, the prayers of Billiken nation and a whole host of folks whose lives you've touched are with you.

Good things are coming - I can feel it.

Some Coach can come in and take over a team that has been to two straight NCAA tournaments (yes, we will make it again this year). RM laid the foundation and now an up and coming stud will come in and take us even to the next level and sustain that success for a while.

RM will return next year to be honored at a game and the place will go nuts.

It's soon going to be "Easy to Be a Billiken Fan"

If we make it this year, Tonk, Jim Crews will most likely trade the interim tag for just plain old Head Coach. If he manages to pull it off he'll deserve it. And I do hope RM, after he beats this illness, will return. We certainly owe him a RM day at SLU.

Good things are coming - I can feel it.

Continued prayers to RM - it's very surreal that he is even in this position. I always felt it could happen, but then again I never thought he would be here in the first place. I thought he might hang it up in a year or so on his own terms realizing that his focus must be 100% on his health.

If I had to look for any silver lining in all of this, I think this will be a great job for some Coach. I don't see Fr. B being around much longer even if he weathers this storm. We have a great facility and I fully believe the boosters will step up again. Some Coach can come in and take over a team that has been to two straight NCAA tournaments (yes, we will make it again this year). RM laid the foundation and now an up and coming stud will come in and take us even to the next level and sustain that success for a while.

RM will return next year to be honored at a game and the place will go nuts.

It's soon going to be "Easy to Be a Billiken Fan"

THIS!

I hope Rick can pull through this and come back soon to watch his boys. This should have been his year....

Good thoughts and prayers going out to you Rick. Stay strong and get healthy!! We'd love to see you back at Chaifetz!

Glad SLU finally decided to announce that they'd forward some cards and get well wishes to him. That should have happened in August!! And glad to hear RM has Huntsman on his side. That sure can't hurt!