All-Time Worst Billiken Performances

Box and Won

Several good ones have been mentioned. That St. Bonaventure game was horrible.

02-03 opened with losses at home to UT Martin and a bad Mo St team. The 02-03 team wasn't without expectations.Perry, Fischer, Braun, Sloan. We win those two games, which we should have easily, then beat UAB in the CUSA tourney and we would have been dancing.

03-04 75-48 loss at home to a mediocre (for them) Louisville team. Once again, a couple breaks that year, 2 more games won at home and we are dancing.

04-05 This whole season really, but coming off two NIT years, Bryant a senior, supposedly some decent recruits by Soderberg and we lose in Puerto Rico to Austin Peay & MEastern Michigan to start the year. Soderberg should have been fired after this year.

01-02 Romar beat GT earlier in the season handily. So we play there on the road in the middle of conference play and just get trounced.

99-00 81-44 at Cincy

97-98 Huggy Bear spanked Larry 70-43 at Kiel.

The list of horrible losses during the Grawer years could go on and on. That whole season I think 87-88, the year before we won 25 games, everyone returned, Monroe, Roland are Jrs, Bonner is a soph, decent complementary guys as Srs, we go 14-14. Next year we win 27 games.

Just to put things in perspective, in my lifetime we've lost home games to both Mckendree & UMSL.

Nothing is worse than losing to HS teams though. In 1920 Soldan beat us 34-21. In 1916 we suffered a drubbing from McKinley HS 45-23.

I think this thread is pitiful. Are we trying to console ourselves by dredging up past miserable performances? And JC does not really deserve a pass at this time. He was here last year. He knew, or should have known, how to utilize these players, how to motivate them, how to make adjustments. Yes, SC was better than first thought to be, but that much better than a team that supposedly was a lock to make the dance and be an 8-5 seed. Our woeful past has nothing to do with the SC game, it's our uncertain future we should be concerned with at this point.

I think this thread is pitiful. Are we trying to console ourselves by dredging up past miserable performances? And JC does not really deserve a pass at this time. He was here last year. He knew, or should have known, how to utilize these players, how to motivate them, how to make adjustments. Yes, SC was better than first thought to be, but that much better than a team that supposedly was a lock to make the dance and be an 8-5 seed. Our woeful past has nothing to do with the SC game, it's our uncertain future we should be concerned with at this point.

Yes. and +1.

wcc, i didnt see any post today that ripped santa clara. they indeed have a nice team and very well are better than the billikens at this point, i think the consensus though is that the billikens didnt give them their best effort and the game last night should have been a little more balanced than it was. but i really appreciate your efforts to straighten us out. my gosh we need help.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "santa clara. they indeed have a nice team and very well are better than the billikens at this point," I think wcc is emphasing that there is a bias against the west coast and that the whole conference of the WCC is much better than what everyone else in the midwest and east coast think. That the WCC is better than most of the A-10.The results so far sum that up pretty well.