Drew and Carter

Westy what other billikens over the last ten yearS didnt qualify for summer classes? I seriously do not know of any that were already admitted to slu

No clue but what I do know is that he is qualified to play but wasn't allowed to attend summer classes

Not sure if it was a SLU rule or NCAA rule

Not sure if it was a SLU rule or NCAA rule

Whoevers rule it is it has to be one of the dumber things I've ever heard. The best way to help students at risk is not to keep them out of the classroom.

As to Roy's question, I'm sure it's happened many times in the past it just hasn't been made public.

Exactly. Also, like most shools with high admission standards, I believe SLU has an academic support program for exceptionally admitted students, which is where KC should be for his first college experience. I wish him every success.

I can't confirm or deny this, but I can confirm that the athletic program has mandatory study hall for all freshmen, regardless of academic standing. I didn't realize summer programs were considered "accelerated" and that's the reason Carter isn't already there and in classes. If anything, it's really promising that Drew and McBroom did qualify for summer coursework. Nice way to get a few credit hours out of the way before freshman year even starts.

Stupid rule. I understand that summer classes are accelerated, but why should the NCAA discriminate against these students? This should be the decision of the school and student. Every student is unique...unique background, learning styles and environmental factors. If they are accepted, they are accepted...end of story. If SLU does not think it is appropriate to attend summer school...based on the acedemic standards and rules put in place by the university for ALL students...then that is acceptable.

I can't confirm or deny this, but I can confirm that the athletic program has mandatory study hall for all freshmen, regardless of academic standing. I didn't realize summer programs were considered "accelerated" and that's the reason Carter isn't already there and in classes. If anything, it's really promising that Drew and McBroom did qualify for summer coursework. Nice way to get a few credit hours out of the way before freshman year even starts.

McBroom isn't a freshman, so he didn't need to qualify in the same way that Drew or Carter needed to.