Dates of Non-Conference Games

kshoe

http://www.cbehalloffameclassic.com/

Championship Rounds

November 19-20, 2012

Sprint Center - Kansas City, MO

Host Rounds at the four host schools - November 9-15

2 home games for each of the host schools, is Santa Clara a part of this? If not then we might have Santa Clara + 4 CBE Classic games in 12 days to open the season.

I have the Stanford game set on the calendar. It looks like a great week long trip for the team and any of you fans East of here who would like to come relax after Thanksgiving and before the holiday rush begins. The drive down Hwy 101 from Seattle to Palo alto is one of the prettiest in the world. Around the Olympic Peninsula, Astoria, the Oregon Coast, the Redwood Empire, Avenue of the Giants, Sonoma Wine Country, over the Golden Gate Bridge through San Francisco down to Silicone Valley. It doesn't get much better than that.

Sorry Willie, I made that trip a few years ago in 4 days, taking my time along the way. Just reminising, I guess. If the weather's good, which it should be then, I highly recommend the drive. Or fly down to SF and party hardy. I live 88 miles north of Stanford and figure on a minimum 2 hour drive down there. I wish I had room for everyone, but the wife may object a bit. Besides my house in in the country, so you may get bored watching the grapes grow. I look forward to meeting you at the game and party before tip-off.

I have the Stanford game set on the calendar. It looks like a great week long trip for the team and any of you fans East of here who would like to come relax after Thanksgiving and before the holiday rush begins. The drive down Hwy 101 from Seattle to Palo alto is one of the prettiest in the world. Around the Olympic Peninsula, Astoria, the Oregon Coast, the Redwood Empire, Avenue of the Giants, Sonoma Wine Country, over the Golden Gate Bridge through San Francisco down to Silicone Valley. It doesn't get much better than that.

I'm hoping to make it out there for the Stanford game. Do you think tickets will be hard to get?

Usually SLU has a get together before the games I've attended out here and the game ticket puts all of us together close behind the bench. I'm assuming they'll do it again. Meg Connelly is the lady to talk to in the athletic department. By the way I'll check if the Stanford Sports Museum will be open on 12/2 and let everyone know. It's right across from Maples and worth an hour of your time. Very impressive list of Olympian alumni, and other curious exhibits.

Usually SLU has a get together before the games I've attended out here and the game ticket puts all of us together close behind the bench. I'm assuming they'll do it again. Meg Connelly is the lady to talk to in the athletic department. By the way I'll check if the Stanford Sports Museum will be open on 12/2 and let everyone know. It's right across from Maples and worth an hour of your time. Very impressive list of Olympian alumni, and other curious exhibits.

Cool - it would be great to sit with other SLU fans. Is Palo Alto a reasonably easy drive from SF? I'll be staying in the city when I'm out there.

How do you define "reasonably easy"? It's about 40 miles south on the peninsula. Sunday should be a snap unless the 49ers have a game at the 'Stick. Take 280 rather than 101, a much prettier drive, if you care about the scenery. By the way, those of you who are interested in the drive down 101 from Seattle should check out today's Parade magazine "Road Food Special" article on page 8 about eats along the Oregon Coast. You drive all along the coast in OR, lots of neat things to see and places to stop, like where Lewis & Clark camped at Fort Clatsop near Astoria.