Duq President: New High Quality Programs to join A-10

SLUDrew

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/17993839/duquesne-president-details-reasons-for-firing-everhart-in-email-to-board

Everhart is out at Duquesne. No Shock there. However if you go to the second to last sentence in the fourth paragraph, he states that "The A10 conference itself is on the verge of a major improvement with the addition of new high quality university programs."

Not only does it sound like expansion will occur, it sounds like it will be multiple programs, and it sounds like it is a done deal

Up until this year, I did not think he was that bad of a coach. They had couple real losers prior to Ron, Nee and Porter. I think he had a couple CBI and a NIT appearances .He was first Duq coach that will leave with a winning record since legend Red Manning who last coached 40 years ago.

Nice find. Safe to assume Butler, then possibly VCU, and....? Perhaps part of the reason Shaka turned down Illinois?

I doubt Shaka turned down ILL because of the possibiltiy of VCU joining the A-10. My guess is he's holding out for an ACC post.

I doubt Shaka turned down ILL because of the possibiltiy of VCU joining the A-10. My guess is he's holding out for an ACC post.

I don't know about that either. He seems to have a pretty good gig going at VCU and if they will be possibly moving to the best non football basketball conference it may be very appealing to stay at VCU. Hell, he even has a TV gig right now after they were eliminated.

I don't know about that either. He seems to have a pretty good gig going at VCU and if they will be possibly moving to the best non football basketball conference it may be very appealing to stay at VCU. Hell, he even has a TV gig right now after they were eliminated.

Good luck getting on tv once you are in the a10.....