BC + KC out - Keith Carter + ??? in ....

Who else do we have locked up coming in next year with Keith Carter? Who is the guy from Iowa RM was talking about?

We also have Jared Drew from Indianapolis, IN... We know how good Rick is at talking, so this could have been a tongue-slip. Hopefully not though, and we have a stud in the class of '13 coming in from Iowa.

We have max schollies at 13: Conklin, Cassity, Mitchell, Loe, Ellis, Evans, Remekun, Manning, Jett, McCall, Glaze, Barnett and Tselenkas (sp?). We lose Conk and Kyle, replacing them with Carter and Drew. There is no more room at the inn.

Unless we go into areas I refuse to speculate about.

So I did some digging and the Iowa state basketball playoffs are done, so I'm not sure exactly what he'd be going to watch if he were in fact headed there. However, it did seem clear that this was not a reference to Jared Drew. Also, the fact Rick said that he wanted to get to this guy before Big 10 schools did makes me think our mystery recruit is probably a Jr, but that is speculation.

Rick could have meant that he was going to Indiana to see Zavier Turner (ESPN says that we offered him a scholarship), a Junior who will be playing next weekend in the state tournament for Pike HS.

Trying to interpret what Rick said might just be an unrealistic goal. Hopefully someone else has more info available to work with.

RM also said he thinks Manny will be an All league player. I assume that Manny is The Greek. He has inferred this before but was so vague it was difficult to determine who he was referring to. If he is correct and who can doubt him, this is huge.

RM also said he thinks Manny will be an All league player. I assume that Manny is The Greek. He has inferred this before but was so vague it was difficult to determine who he was referring to. If he is correct and who can doubt him, this is huge.

It's Manning...as in John Manning, our supposedly stud Freshman center

He mumbled, but pretty sure he said Manning.

So I did some digging and the Iowa state basketball playoffs are done, so I'm not sure exactly what he'd be going to watch if he were in fact headed there. However, it did seem clear that this was not a reference to Jared Drew. Also, the fact Rick said that he wanted to get to this guy before Big 10 schools did makes me think our mystery recruit is probably a Jr, but that is speculation.

Rick could have meant that he was going to Indiana to see Zavier Turner (ESPN says that we offered him a scholarship), a Junior who will be playing next weekend in the state tournament for Pike HS.

Trying to interpret what Rick said might just be an unrealistic goal. Hopefully someone else has more info available to work with.

The Indiana big school semi-finals were on Charter cable this past Saturday night. I recorded them and will watch to see if Turner's team is playing.

A seven-footer who can play. Yeah, that guy.

This will be the most interesting thing to see next year. Can JM come in next with very limited playing time this year and have a big impact? He has some shot blocking skills and I'm sure some good moves down low. He's going to have to hit the weight room hard, which I'm sure he will. I just hope he can step in and be the player we think he can be. How huge would it be to have a guy down low that tall that can block shots with some decent post moves (wait, didn't we have a guy like that?). Go Bills. Future is looking bright.

Who else do we have locked up coming in next year with Keith Carter? Who is the guy from Iowa RM was talking about?

I talked to a buddy of mine about this and he thinks it's this guy...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/xavier/basketball/recruiting/player-Ted-Friedman-128047?colleges=show

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120313/COMM/303130025/-1/SPORTS13/State-boys-basketball-Cole-Myers-Friedman-earn-all-state-honors

"Friedman has received scholarship offers from Drake, Northern Iowa and St. Louis. Numerous other Division I schools, including Wisconsin, are showing interest."