Day 2: NCAA GDT

moytoy12

Are the any two coaches that do less with more than Mack Brown and Rick Barnes at Texas?

I didn't know Bobby Lutz was now working for Gotfreid at NC St.

Serioulsy? They've been in the NCAA tourney 14 straight years. A final 4, 2 elite 8's, and 2 sweet 16's.

Barnes's real problem is too many 1 and doners. 7 or 8 1st rd picks in the last 6 years all but 1 were underclassman and I think 4 of those were Frosh.

Until Barnes UT was never a major player in basketball.

As to Mack Brown ... Seriously?

There is so much Texas envy in Missouri it's almost laughable

Serioulsy? They've been in the NCAA tourney 14 straight years. A final 4, 2 elite 8's, and 2 sweet 16's.

Barnes's real problem is too many 1 and doners. 7 or 8 1st rd picks in the last 6 years all but 1 were underclassman and I think 4 of those were Frosh.

Until Barnes UT was never a major player in basketball.

As to Mack Brown ... Seriously?

There is so much Texas envy in Missouri it's almost laughable

Brown has won a total of two Big 12 championships in 14 seasons at Texas. One more than Bill Snyder at KSU. He has more talent and resources available to him than any other head coach.

Barnes will is 6-7 in the tournament the last 7 seasons while coaching as many future NBA player as any coach in that time period.

It isn't Texas envy. It is that the expectations should be higher for coaches that have so many resources available to them.

I'm not going to argue. You win.

Well don't go claiming Texas envy is the reason people would have a problem with Brown and Barnes. I was raised a Sooner fan. I have nothing to be envious when it comes to Texas. OU has a better football history than the Longhorns and a better basketball history.

The fact is Brown should be winning more at Texas with the resources he has available to him. Barnes should have a better NCAA tournament record. That isn't Texas envy, that is accepting the fact that a job at Texas is a great opportunity to succeed and the guys at Texas should have more success than they have had.

Well don't go claiming Texas envy is the reason people would have a problem with Brown and Barnes. I was raised a Sooner fan. I have nothing to be envious when it comes to Texas. OU has a better football history than the Longhorns and a better basketball history.

The fact is Brown should be winning more at Texas with the resources he has available to him. Barnes should have a better NCAA tournament record. That isn't Texas envy, that is accepting the fact that a job at Texas is a great opportunity to succeed and the guys at Texas should have more success than they have had.

I was also raised a Sooner fan. When counting the Sooners record are we counting the years they cheated or all years? What is the all-time head to head record for Texas vs OU?

Mack Browns record at UT starting in 2001 (I'd say he gets a pass on the 1st 3 which were building from a previous regime)

1 National Championship

5 top 5 finishes

7 top 10 finishes

9 top 13 finishes

No doubt they've had a couple of down years. However, in the Big 12 South it's not hard to have a down year when in the South alone they had OU, OSU, and a very good Baylor team plus Mizzou on the road

Being from Texas living in Missouri ... there is a lot of Texas envy in Missouri. Not just a lot ... it's f...king sad.

Btw ... your opinion isn't fact.

Also being a SLU fan you should have some appreciation of the fact UT has run a basically clean program and academics matter

I was also raised a Sooner fan. When counting the Sooners record are we counting the years they cheated or all years? What is the all-time head to head record for Texas vs OU?

Mack Browns record at UT starting in 2001 (I'd say he gets a pass on the 1st 3 which were building from a previous regime)

1 National Championship

5 top 5 finishes

7 top 10 finishes

9 top 13 finishes

No doubt they've had a couple of down years. However, in the Big 12 South it's not hard to have a down year when in the South alone they had OU, OSU, and a very good Baylor team plus Mizzou on the road

Being from Texas living in Missouri ... there is a lot of Texas envy in Missouri. Not just a lot ... it's f...king sad.

Btw ... your opinion isn't fact.

Also being a SLU fan you should have some appreciation of the fact UT has run a basically clean program and academics matter

I do appreciate the fact it appears that Texas runs a clean program.

Nice how you add appears.

Does it just appear SLU does?

I would say the same thing about SLU. I don't just automatically assume a program is clean because they have avoided the glare of the NCAA. We all thought JoePa ran a clean program and then after the sex scandal came out we found out other stuff about the program.

College sports is a dirty business and nothing would suprise me.

I would say the same thing about SLU. I don't just automatically assume a program is clean because they have avoided the glare of the NCAA. We all thought JoePa ran a clean program and then after the sex scandal came out we found out other stuff about the program.

College sports is a dirty business and nothing would suprise me.

That seems to me like assuming everyone is guilty. I'd prefer to think schools that have went long periods of time with little to no problems are basically trying to do the right thing.

and ... if someone came on here and said "it appears" SLU runs a clean program, they would get eaten alive.