From a Memphis fan on the A10 board

I dont think so.

And even if that was true, it's not, you can spin it the other way.

Memphis was there last year so their tourney experince will help them beat the less experinced Bills.

Some teams may be unhappy with a seed but being there means a lot to all of them.

woah woah i never said it was a fact. obviously it can backfire and experience is a good thing in the tourney. nobody is doubting that Memphis has SLU beat in experience and athleticism. I'm just saying that i personally would like to think that a team who hasn't been there for awhile will have a little extra motivation than a team who has been there time and time again. thats not to say that a first round loss didn't hurt for your guys last year either and that they aren't motivated i just think SLU has the possibility to use that for a little something extra. especially since we thrive on out hustling other teams as it is

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

woah woah i never said it was a fact. obviously it can backfire and experience is a good thing in the tourney. nobody is doubting that Memphis has SLU beat in experience and athleticism. I'm just saying that i personally would like to think that a team who hasn't been there for awhile will have a little extra motivation than a team who has been there time and time again. thats not to say that a first round loss didn't hurt for your guys last year either and that they aren't motivated i just think SLU has the possibility to use that for a little something extra. especially since we thrive on out hustling other teams as it is

yeah, but SLU has the experience of making it to the CBI finals two years ago. beat that, memphis! (in all seriousness, I think it helped VCU last year)

I really don't think you all understand what you are up against in this one. This is not some Maac team that made a conference tournament run. We are better than Xavier making us your toughest OOC opponent yet.

i said best OOC win...you gotta keep up.

our best OOC opponent was either Louisville, Georgetown, or Michigan.

how is my correcting you, looking ahead?

and BTW...i'm a fan...we can look ahead if we like...we don't lace em up and play ball.

That's fine, be a fan. I'm not too sure many people here really care about your outlook. I think was saying he hopes Memphis is as ignorant as you are, and overlooks us in the same manner. #snicker :rolleyes: