From a Memphis fan on the A10 board

"o man... i see a bunch of st. louis fans here... didn't think you all played basketball in that city. I haven't watched SLU this year, but what y'all say its a well coached non athletic team? lot of jump shooting? well if so your in for a treat. Tigers D finally has come around and has shut down the past 6 teams who tried to "out shoot" them. and who said they will dominate the Tigers inside? we have a DOMINANT big man in Tarik Black, and good luck scoring on him, better hope he gets in foul trouble. the coaching side, partner has been sketchy at best, but thats because he followed Coach Cal, he wasn't given much time to really find his style that plays best with his players, but now that he is focused on D and has a much better half court game than earlier in the year, i feel like this is a blow out. i am ready to see if we can keep it going and maybe threaten MSU! #GOTIGERSGO"

Note the "I feel like this is a blow out" part. Enjoy.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"o man... i see a bunch of st. louis fans here... didn't think you all played basketball in that city. I haven't watched SLU this year, but what y'all say its a well coached non athletic team? lot of jump shooting? well if so your in for a treat. Tigers D finally has come around and has shut down the past 6 teams who tried to "out shoot" them. and who said they will dominate the Tigers inside? we have a DOMINANT big man in Tarik Black, and good luck scoring on him, better hope he gets in foul trouble. the coaching side, partner has been sketchy at best, but thats because he followed Coach Cal, he wasn't given much time to really find his style that plays best with his players, but now that he is focused on D and has a much better half court game than earlier in the year, i feel like this is a blow out. i am ready to see if we can keep it going and maybe threaten MSU! #GOTIGERSGO"

this is one of my biggest pet peeves. these memphis people seem pretty stupid.

this is one of by biggest pet peeves. these memphis people seem pretty stupid.

Calling Memphis people pretty stupid is an insult to pretty stupid people!

I'm predicitng Larry Finch's wife will win round 2 with SLU fans and security.

It's fine, Memphis fan can talk ###### if they want. Let's not let it disturb us. I think we beat them, and if so, we can talk our ###### too. To be honest a team like Memphis doesn't scare me at all. They have some athletes, but that's all they are. We have basketball players who are pretty good athletes as well. Add in the coaching advantage we have and I'm very confident about this game.

It's fine, Memphis fan can talk ###### if they want. Let's not let it disturb us. I think we beat them, and if so, we can talk our ###### too. To be honest a team like Memphis doesn't scare me at all. They have some athletes, but that's all they are. We have basketball players who are pretty good athletes as well. Add in the coaching advantage we have and I'm very confident about this game.

National media is playing Majerus v. Pastner as SLU's greatest advantage. I seem to think we have pretty good players too. Rick has to control tempo (which he's quite adept at doing).

It's the fuoking NCAA Tournament. If Memphis players cares less about this game than the Billikens do than Memphis has a serious problem going into this game.

yea but I would also hope that it means more when your team's last appearance was 12 years ago as opposed to just last year

yea but I would also hope that it means more when your team's last appearance was 12 years ago as opposed to just last year

I dont think so.

And even if that was true, it's not, you can spin it the other way.

Memphis was there last year so their tourney experince will help them beat the less experinced Bills.

Some teams may be unhappy with a seed but being there means a lot to all of them.