scheduling question

Cowboy

-in response to the committee telling teams, again, to improve their non conf schedule, would you play these teams talked about as being last out of the field...

-northwestern? i would for chicago exposure, alumni base in chi, great place for STL folks to go and a big10 team probably won't hurt sos

-miami, fla? not sure, long way to go, Rick did say he likes to schedule teams with names familiar to sports fans (see nebraska a few years ago), who knows maybe a kid from down there sees the Billiken and wants to 'be one'

-drexel? don't really want to go to philly again

-washington? already are, see miami

-seton hall? east coast and beast exposure, probably

-am i missing any other side of the bubble teams? bradley?

I'd play Northwestern and Seton Hall no problem. Miami would have to upgrade your numbers just from the ACC bounce back but I don't really care to understand all the numbers. Drexel? No. Unless they come here. Remekun was from Texas; so was Cobbin. What about some games down there? We already do the east/west coasts.

-not necessarily on target with the thread but...

-thought just came to me that we should be trying to get minnesota, not exactly a bubble team, as a home game for JJ and northwestern would work for MM and Rick has talked to florida about a game for beal, if he stays

-and blackshirts for Rob and Aussie Institute for Sport for Cody (hopefully both on the same trip as that flying time and expense would be a btich) ;)

Sure play those teams. Note our non conference schedule was formidable this year. Too bad that OK, Villanova, BC, SIU-C were having down years. And we played Vermont and New Mexico who are in the tourmanament, and Washington that was the last out. Those are ordinarily 7 quality opponents.

On the radio this morning, RM confirmed LMU and UNM would be visiting the Fetz and that we are in discussions with Creighton. Hopefully this trip to the Dance will open some doors. If we can't get somebody like Georgetown, the likes of Seton Hall, Providence and St. John's should be targets. Those schools seem to play A-10 schools on the road. We want to try to build relationships with those schools if the conference shuffle we hope for ever happens.