SLU: "On the decline"

mws26

We've got everybody right where we want them -- underestimating us.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/6820668

Top three: G Reggie Bryant, G Josh Fisher, F Chris Sloan

On the decline: Bryant, a Villanova transfer, gets the chance to fill Marque Perry's 17-point-per-game shoes. The Billikens need every point they can get from Bryant considering their leading returning scorer, Fisher, averaged 8.2 last season. Another 16-win season isn't a guarantee.

perry will be replaced by committee of our guards and wings. they will more than hold their own every game this year imo. our backcourt will not be a problem.

>We've got everybody right where we want them --

>underestimating us.

>

>http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/6820668

>

I like mws26's take, being underestimated can be an asset. I believe a few of our opponents are in for a surprise this year. It is my hope that Marquette is one of those teams. We came close last year and I think Wade is a bigger loss for that team than the guy from Sportsline stated.

once Ian comes back. I really don't think it'll be much worse than last year. I believe the Pack defense will limit the effectiveness of most inside games. I thought SLU was quite impressive stopping Solomon Hughes and the other big men. Other than Kenny Brown, we had no true inside presence, especially with Chris Braun so banged up. I also don't remember SLU holding that many rebounding advantages last year.

It's just so unfortunate that SLU plays such a tough schedule, as I think with their disciplined system and strong defense, they could have easily gotten 18-20 wins. However, it'll be tough to be above .500 going into conference play. At least, that schedule will have them ready for CUSA play.