Dwayne Evans article

http://www.stltoday....e62443cae4.html

just saw this on the ticker. great article. he's already tied, at 12, for second in career double-doubles at SLU w/ tommie liddell. he won't catch bonner at 64, but he could get to 30 i think. majerus points out that he could have and probably should have been on the A-10 all-conference academic team and that he expects him to be an academic all-american as well. says they're restricing DE's role still this season, but that they want to expand every aspect of his game in the next two seasons.

no one can argue that SLU isn't doing things right. even roy. any argument to the contrary is simply bull****. majerus recruits smart, hard-working, strong character guys, and they're not too shabby at roundball either. fuok whatever that academic integrity rating is called (i think it's horseshit), there are probably very few basketball programs on par w/ SLU when it comes to actual students and ballplayers.

here's to DE pulling off a clutch double-double performance or 3 on the national stage this month. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE

http://www.stltoday....e62443cae4.html

just saw this on the ticker. great article. he's already tied, at 12, for second in career double-doubles at SLU w/ tommie liddell. he won't catch bonner at 64, but he could get to 30 i think. majerus points out that he could have and probably should have been on the A-10 all-conference academic team and that he expects him to be an academic all-american as well. says they're restricing DE's role still this season, but that they want to expand every aspect of his game in the next two seasons.

no one can argue that SLU isn't doing things right. even roy. any argument to the contrary is simply bull****. majerus recruits smart, hard-working, strong character guys, and they're not too shabby at roundball either. fuok whatever that academic integrity rating is called (i think it's horseshit), there are probably very few basketball programs on par w/ SLU when it comes to actual students and ballplayers.

here's to DE pulling off a clutch double-double performance or 3 on the national stage this month. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE

+1

Glad you posted this. I saw it this morning and forgot. The program's 'up arrow' and academic condition (I'm with you, screw the APR) are better than at any point in my SLU fanhood.

+1 Glad you posted this. I saw it this morning and forgot. The program's 'up arrow' and academic condition (I'm with you, screw the APR) are better than at any point in my SLU fanhood.

pistol, our program has always been loaded with good student athletes. a few years ago we had a thread here that went back and counted the players that had not graduated since spoon took over and it was literally like less than 10 players. and we have also had a couple of top students on the list as well just like we have now. slu has always been sensitive to the academic needs of our players and provided the assistance to get the job done if they wanted to graduate and excel academically.

TVACH13, just a question, i was trying to locate on the slubillikens.com website (man that thing is a disaster. who made the decision to set that up. i cant find much of anything this morning and god forbid you are trying to access with a smart phone.) the article that lists all the slu student athlete academic achievers by semester and by sport and couldnt find it. could you provide that link? thanks in advance.

+1

Glad you posted this. I saw it this morning and forgot. The program's 'up arrow' and academic condition (I'm with you, screw the APR) are better than at any point in my SLU fanhood.

Majerus is the only coach to lead a team to the Final Four that featured two academic All-Americans. We're fortunate to have a coach who can have a high level of success on and off the court.

pistol, our program has always been loaded with good student athletes. a few years ago we had a thread here that went back and counted the players that had not graduated since spoon took over and it was literally like less than 10 players. and we have also had a couple of top students on the list as well just like we have now. slu has always been sensitive to the academic needs of our players and provided the assistance to get the job done if they wanted to graduate and excel academically.

Top to bottom, I'm way more impressed with the caliber of students on the roster now than I ever have been. We've been fortunate to always be strong academically compared to our peers in D-I basketball, and I think it's gotten better lately.

Top to bottom, I'm way more impressed with the caliber of students on the roster now than I ever have been. We've been fortunate to always be strong academically compared to our peers in D-I basketball, and I think it's gotten better lately.

and if that is true, then the apr situation is even more disappointing. that said, i disagree with you and i believe we have always had a very strong core of student athletes on the roster that rivals our current roster.

TVACH13, just a question, i was trying to locate on the slubillikens.com website (man that thing is a disaster. who made the decision to set that up. i cant find much of anything this morning and god forbid you are trying to access with a smart phone.) the article that lists all the slu student athlete academic achievers by semester and by sport and couldnt find it. could you provide that link? thanks in advance.

Not sure if this is the one you were looking for Roy...

http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=205260883&SPID=93223&SPSID=632643

I will ask around the office if anyone remembers seeing an article like that. I don't recall seeing one publish on our site, but I will be sure to ask around.

Not sure if this is the one you were looking for Roy...

http://www.slubillik...23&SPSID=632643

I will ask around the office if anyone remembers seeing an article like that. I don't recall seeing one publish on our site, but I will be sure to ask around.

maybe the AD didnt publicize it this year. in the past they would post a listing of all the student athletes by sport with the dean's list level gpa after each semester.

well first, that is a long time ago. a couple of semesters since not honored? second, straight A's? high standards to give a little love. i was thinking their used to be one that showed a slightly lower gpa. think the level that we honored at the basketball game a few weeks ago when the student athletes were announced with the very good gpa.

if you arent doing it anymore (posting an article with the names and sports), you should resume doing it.at a D1 school to achieve that level is an amazing accomplischment considering their sport demands as well as the trials and tribulations of just being a student.

http://www.stltoday....e62443cae4.html just saw this on the ticker. great article. he's already tied, at 12, for second in career double-doubles at SLU w/ tommie liddell. he won't catch bonner at 64, but he could get to 30 i think. majerus points out that he could have and probably should have been on the A-10 all-conference academic team and that he expects him to be an academic all-american as well. says they're restricing DE's role still this season, but that they want to expand every aspect of his game in the next two seasons. no one can argue that SLU isn't doing things right. even roy. any argument to the contrary is simply bull****. majerus recruits smart, hard-working, strong character guys, and they're not too shabby at roundball either. fuok whatever that academic integrity rating is called (i think it's horseshit), there are probably very few basketball programs on par w/ SLU when it comes to actual students and ballplayers. here's to DE pulling off a clutch double-double performance or 3 on the national stage this month. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE

I love this story and I love the positive publicity regarding our players that goes beyond their athletic ability. Really embodies what I believe SLU is all about. Dwayne is a class act all the way around and to think he is only a sophomore! This kid has a very bright future on the court, but especially off the court. Congrats Dwayne!