Props to Cassity for putting team first

pooch1918

According to PD, Majerus offered Kyle chance to start final home game, but Cassity declined, not wanting to disrupt team chemistry. Still don't understand what happened to Cassity's game this year. Recall seeing him slash to the hoop and get to the rim in previous years. I don't think I saw him get a layup all year.

According to PD, Majerus offered Kyle chance to start final home game, but Cassity declined, not wanting to disrupt team chemistry. Still don't understand what happened to Cassity's game this year. Recall seeing him slash to the hoop and get to the rim in previous years. I don't think I saw him get a layup all year.

-as taj said KC had layups this year

-listening to Harriman after the game, something that just comes across about this team, is they are all good people first, and makes it easier to coach and be around them

Yeah I heard Chris Harriman talking about this last night. RM came up to him and started making his case for starting MM and KC stopped him cold and said that the biggest thing RM could do for him on senior night was win. KC has taken a lot of abuse on these boards (from me included), but he is truly a classy guy.

Just an aside: I got a real kick out of RM commenting that BC doesn't have a lot of talent, and Harriman echoed this last night with rammer and EAjr. I figure that they know that this motivates him, but its funny to hear.

Definitely props to KC for putting the team above his ego. And, yes Virginia, he has made layups just too damn few of them. That was the frustrating thing about him w/ RM last year and it spilled over to this year, but in Anaheim he was a different player. I don't know what happened to him after that. I still think there's a destiny game or two for him where he comes up big for us. Who wouldn't want KC to be the guy to nail a buzzer beater that knocks off a KY or a Duke in a game to get to the sweet 16 or, dare I say it, the elite 8?

KC's playing time began to diminish in the first X game. I thought that it was simple matter of MM and JJ being better matchups with X's quick, and small but solid guards. And then of course MM stepped up his game and took the starting job from KC. MM's performance last night, playing the entire game and leading the team in rebounds, said it all about these decisions.

If (when?) we play Temple again, I look for KC to get more PT against their taller backcourt. We will need a contribution from him going into March, and I believe that his "D" will be it.