Jay Bilas

kappy96

I know his dedication to his weekly ranking has been questioned on this board before but his current post on the Bills (who he has 28th) seems dead on.

This is the hardest team in the country for me to get a read on. SLU is a bit like Virginia but does not have a Mike Scott. Rick Majerus has done a great job with the Billikens, and Kwamain Mitchell is a really good guard. I just cannot square the metrics with what I see on the court. The loss to Rhode Island is not a big deal to me, because teams can stumble on the road against inconsistent teams. SLU has played well against good teams, and that is a better measure.

I normally don't agree with Bilas but certainly do here. I think he is right about nobody really knowing how good we are. Even on this board, with people that have watched nearly all the games (excluding the ones that aren't on t.v. anywhere, of course :rolleyes: ) there are very diverse opinions of how good we are. Not the typical, "we should be 30th, no we should be 35th" argument but rather some really believe we are the 15th best teams in the country and others seem to think we are 45th and on the wrong side of the bubble.

The road is a hard place. And a bunch of others struggled and lost on the road this weekend. Still, I figured our D travels well. The disappointing thing about the RI game is we couldn't hold them to under 60. What is inconsistent is our offense, and I've not seen it run seamlessly since those November games. Now that's probably due to early season ignorance on the part of our opponents, but still we ran it to a T, now not so much.