It's over let's look ahead

slu72

No sense in crying over spilt milk as they used to say, or as Jimbo would say, cripes another Gran Marnier on the carpet. X is in this week, and they are playing for as much as we are, if not more. I still think this is a very dangerous X team that is just chomping at the bit to get on a roll and get a bid that they consider to be their birthright. I am really really worried about the X game. Especially since we've gone back into the "it's tough being a Billiken fan" mode. I'd expect X to throw a little 2-3 zone our way, and am sure today's practice, after a well deserved verbal beat down from RM, will be dedicated to searching for ways to beat it. I still think this team's fortunes are tied to KM's back. He's had games where he looks like the soph KM, but just doesn't do it consistently. He's got to do it against X. RM may not want to talk about the dance, but he knows these 2 games are the whole season. I wouldn't like our chances if we have to win the A-10 in order to get in. And I'm sure getting tired of saying, "wait until next year". This is not the time of the year to be fumbling and stumbling, so get back your mojo Billikens and make X feel really uncomfortable this week. .

With destiny in our own hands, we chunked it. If we win, as we should have,we'd have a tie for first and a locked first round bye to Atlantic City. We'd be giddy and oxygen=deprived. Instead, we are all wondering if we are bubble meat. And if we are, we don't look too prime. As I said, the A10 is predictable in its end-of-season unpredictability. Take a night or day off, and you are La Salle, Saint Louis, Umass or Temple.

Baron played intoour strength ---- our outside shooting --- and gambled and won. It was a desperate measure he had to take. Fouls? You don't foul jump shooters. And another 6'9" atheltic big man proves we have no answer for them. And if you are going to force us to shoot, Jett and Cassity are your prime suspects.

How can we have no answer for a zone? We are jump shooters first and foremost. What couldhave been a breeze week now is not.

I too am fearful of the Xavier game. What I fear even more is then going onthe road to plasy a weak, crappy Duquesne team desperately needing a win. Richmond made Frease look like a star last night. He'll be coming in on a positive. Nothing is ever easy in this program, is it?

Taj, I didn't even want to look ahead to the Dookies, which is another dangerous roadie. It's really one hurdle at a time right now. Amazing how in just 24 short hours a Billiken fan can go from trying to figure out which regionals they would travel to, to taking consolation in the fact that a lot of the NIT games are shown on ESPN. There are times I truly believe this program is cursed. How else do you explain such a damaging loss. But unlike the Red Sox, who got rid of theirs, and the Cubs, who haven't, I just don't know who to pin it on since the Babe never played for us, and I can't recall anyone bringing a goat to a Billiken game. By the way, if we do make the dance and are in the Louisville regional, you'd better plan on spending big bucks for the tickets. I was talking to a KY fan yesterday and he spent $1,500 for his package. The place will be a sea of blue grass.

With destiny in our own hands, we chunked it. If we win, as we should have,we'd have a tie for first and a locked first round bye to Atlantic City. We'd be giddy and oxygen=deprived. Instead, we are all wondering if we are bubble meat. And if we are, we don't look too prime. As I said, the A10 is predictable in its end-of-season unpredictability. Take a night or day off, and you are La Salle, Saint Louis, Umass or Temple.

Baron played intoour strength ---- our outside shooting --- and gambled and won. It was a desperate measure he had to take. Fouls? You don't foul jump shooters. And another 6'9" atheltic big man proves we have no answer for them. And if you are going to force us to shoot, Jett and Cassity are your prime suspects.

How can we have no answer for a zone? We are jump shooters first and foremost. What couldhave been a breeze week now is not.

I too am fearful of the Xavier game. What I fear even more is then going onthe road to plasy a weak, crappy Duquesne team desperately needing a win. Richmond made Frease look like a star last night. He'll be coming in on a positive. Nothing is ever easy in this program, is it?

-taj, i have a lot of the same thoughts...

Taj, I didn't even want to look ahead to the Dookies, which is another dangerous roadie. It's really one hurdle at a time right now. Amazing how in just 24 short hours a Billiken fan can go from trying to figure out which regionals they would travel to, to taking consolation in the fact that a lot of the NIT games are shown on ESPN. There are times I truly believe this program is cursed. How else do you explain such a damaging loss. But unlike the Red Sox, who got rid of theirs, and the Cubs, who haven't, I just don't know who to pin it on since the Babe never played for us, and I can't recall anyone bringing a goat to a Billiken game. By the way, if we do make the dance and are in the Louisville regional, you'd better plan on spending big bucks for the tickets. I was talking to a KY fan yesterday and he spent $1,500 for his package. The place will be a sea of blue grass.

The Cubs and the Red Sox? Good God. Consolation in the fact that a lot of the NIT games are shown on ESPN?! 22-6. Quit crying. Beat X.