Question about a "sell-out"

I believe the seating capacity is 10,600. If we had 10,414 and there were no more tickets to sell, is the difference those unsold dark blue center court seats? In other words, does SLU not sell those at all? I know this has been covered before, but I for one would like to see the students use them, maybe with some kind of lottery system. (LIke that Parking Spot Move of the Game.)

OR, were those seats sold yet about 200 people just didn't use their tickets?

They could expand the gold section which is right behind blue and seems sold out!

Hopefully, they would move all the early gold takers up and sell Fromm the last couple rows

I would hope the U would sell these for the end of the year. It makes it look terrible on tv. No sense losing out on that little extra revenue as well.

No offense to anyone in particular, but I wish people would stop referring to SLU as the U. That is a trashy Miami of Florida thing.

You are correct we have talked about this issue several times. The AD will not sell those empty high priced tix as single games for the very reason that they do not want to piss off those who are paying the premium freight all year. There is big money coming in from those seats. I was told that sometimes they give those empty seats away to guests of the school - not sure what that means - so that is why sometimes they have people in them and sometimes they do not. Putting students in them is finally an idea that makes sense - draw 100 students names and give them those seats for a game. You can always pull the idea if you sell the tix and seat license in the future. Good idea!

I don't really think the student idea works. You weaken the student section for starters. I'd rather have the student section in full throat in one location.

If the argument is to spread loud vocal students out, then you run the risk of pissing off the people who paid their $ that want to sit and lounge throughout the game. Mixing oil and water.

I just don't see the schools logIc in not selling those individually throughout the season. If things work out how they are supposed to, the fact these were sold as single game tickets won't matter. For these seats to be sold, SLU has to become a hot ticket. If it becomes a hot ticket, the "but they sold them as singles last year" argument won't hold water.

If there are approx 200 of these, they could sell for $50 each. Perhaps that 10,000 a game could be used to pay for a few charter flights.

I don't really think the student idea works. You weaken the student section for starters. I'd rather have the student section in full throat in one location.

If the argument is to spread loud vocal students out, then you run the risk of pissing off the people who paid their $ that want to sit and lounge throughout the game. Mixing oil and water.

I just don't see the schools logIc in not selling those individually throughout the season. If things work out how they are supposed to, the fact these were sold as single game tickets won't matter. For these seats to be sold, SLU has to become a hot ticket. If it becomes a hot ticket, the "but they sold them as singles last year" argument won't hold water.

If there are approx 200 of these, they could sell for $50 each. Perhaps that 10,000 a game could be used to pay for a few charter flights.

I can only tell you what I was told by a key member of the Athletic Dept - they will not sell those tix as single games - my assumption is that they have talked to those who buy the seats now and have been told that they would not be happy if that happens. Now I know you can say, why let them dictate but they are giving big $ and so you have to tread lightly. I can also tell you that after the CA tourney a few of those seats were bought.

In regards to not separating the students - I also thought of that but I guess I was just thinking that that would be the lesser of two evils but I do understand your point.

I can only tell you what I was told by a key member of the Athletic Dept - they will not sell those tix as single games - my assumption is that they have talked to those who buy the seats now and have been told that they would not be happy if that happens. Now I know you can say, why let them dictate but they are giving big $ and so you have to tread lightly. I can also tell you that after the CA tourney a few of those seats were bought.

In regards to not separating the students - I also thought of that but I guess I was just thinking that that would be the lesser of two evils but I do understand your point.

I'll bet if we make the Tourney we will sell more of those seats

Yeah, it can be like that scene from Finding Neverland, where the little kids get seats among the adults and then all of a sudden, the adults find Peter Pan entertaining and enjoyable. Maybe getting some students among the $$$ crowd would get them to find SLU basketball entertaining and enjoyable.

Yeah, it can be like that scene from Finding Neverland, where the little kids get seats among the adults and then all of a sudden, the adults find Peter Pan entertaining and enjoyable. Maybe getting some students among the $$$ crowd would get them to find SLU basketball entertaining and enjoyable.

I have seen students sit among the regular fans. They turn into zombies like the rest of the crowd. You'd have to put overflow of the passionate students but I would say at the moment the student section couldn't afford that. Just my opinion.

I have seen students sit among the regular fans. They turn into zombies like the rest of the crowd. You'd have to put overflow of the passionate students but I would say at the moment the

student section couldn't afford that. Just my opinion.

Few rounds of shots for pregame and that will change.