76 Classic Picks

slufan13

The Las Vegas line is 19, Wiz? Or is that based on your formula? I wouldn't take Duke over BC and give 19.

BC is really really bad, rated worse than both Tennessee St and SIU in both Kenpom and Sagarin.

Kenpom: TSU at #181, SIU at #223, BC at #250

Sagarin: SIU at #186, TSU at #200, BC at #215

Wiz, what does your system say the spread would be if SLU and Nova played today on a neutral court?

BC is really really bad, rated worse than both Tennessee St and SIU in both Kenpom and Sagarin.

Kenpom: TSU at #181, SIU at #223, BC at #250

Sagarin: SIU at #186, TSU at #200, BC at #215

Wiz, what does your system say the spread would be if SLU and Nova played today on a neutral court?

If Nova and the Bills played tonight.....Bills by 4 over Nova

Wow.

The Vegas line is 16.5.

Shocking, because BC is a well known "public" team and a lot of "square" bettors will just jump on BC, thinking there MUST be value in a former Big East now ACC team getting that many points against an A-10 team that won only 11 games last yr. I will guess that 75% will be bet on BC.

SO I would say The Bills will win and cover the 16.5.

If Nova and the Bills played tonight.....Bills by 4 over Nova

I would say before tomorrows results Vegas would make Nova about a 6 pt favorite.

(that does not mean that Nova is 6 pts better it is just that Nova is undefeated and had NCAA success up the ass lately and they make the lines that way... if you make SLU 4 pt favorite, the whole world takes Nova, and it might actually be the bet IMO. I would take Nova + 4 as a businessman, but would want the Bills to win of course)

I would say before tomorrows results Vegas would make Nova about a 6 pt favorite.

(that does not mean that Nova is 6 pts better it is just that Nova is undefeated and had NCAA success up the ass lately and they make the lines that way... if you make SLU 4 pt favorite, the whole world takes Nova, and it might actually be the bet IMO. I would take Nova + 4 as a businessman, but would want the Bills to win of course)

prepare to lose money then, slu would trump nova by 20+, nova is no better then washington

I have to disagree, MB. Vegas lines are much more sophisticated than public perception and are predicated on the betting patterns of very educated bettors. Money coming in to legal betting lines in Las Vegas are not dependent on the general public.

I have to disagree, MB. Vegas lines are much more sophisticated than public perception and are predicated on the betting patterns of very educated bettors. Money coming in to legal betting lines in Las Vegas are not dependent on the general public.

Betting lines are based on sophisticated stats and information formulated into a line AS WELL AS betting behavior. The line is used to get an even number of people betting for both sides thus the house wins. Ideally, even money would be bet on both sides and that is what Vegas is striving to do. It has really nothing to do with who wins or is better. If you notice, the lines change as money is bet especially if big money is bet.