SLU soccer folks only

http://conferenceusa.com/sports/msoccer/re...RELEASE_ID=6538

SLU has a new transfer defender from Clemson.

I know SLU hosts their tourney Fri Sept 10th weekend vs SMU, but I do not know any other dates. Anybody have any more info on their schedule? When released? And also when a press conference for the new transfer and signing of national teamer Tim Ward?

Thanks.

Looks like Donigan is stocking up on defensive players this offseason. Definitely not a surprise though since all the seniors he lost were defenders. Plus we're pretty set on the offensive end for a few years. This team will be VERY dangerous this next year. A Final 4 is definitely a possibility, as well as that 11th National Championship!

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

If you wanted to know who all SLU has recruited, here's a list from topdrawersoccer.com...

Ward, Tim Waukesha WI U17 Residency D

Branan, Brett Lakeville MN Clemson University D

Gasporovic, Brandon St. Louis MO Busch D

Cicciarelli, Nick AL Chicago Magic F

Looks like 3 new defenders. Ward is supposed to be a stud and Branan is an experienced transfer...you gotta love this team's potential for next year!

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

Random soccer info:

-SLU apparently will lose standout midfielder Cooper McKee. McKee has some sort of situation with his former Girlfriend who attends SLU and McKee doesn't want to be around her. McKee hasn't done anything wrong he just wants to be away from her.... The rumor mill suggests Cooper may end up @ Stanford.

-Profile on recruit: Nick Cicciarelli, A high scoring forward out of Notre Dame Quincy and the Chicago Magic will sign with SLU.

http://www.pjstar.com/images/allstars/boys...r/2003/poy.html

-St Louis University Spring schedule:

Saturday, April 3rd, 1 PM-Wisconsin

Saturday, April 17th, 1PM-Bradley

Wednesday, April 28th, 6PM-UMSL and WashU

I hope that doesn't turn out to be correct with Cooper ... as he is one of those players that you just cannot help loving. He has so much energy he wins any 50-50 ball he is close to.

I would like to see us sign a goalkeeper as Seckman was not very impressive as a backup. He worries me a little if he is our starter in 2005.

Anyone going to the Spring games Sluballs?

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

I would love to go to the one this Saturday but I'm coaching out in St. Charles at 2:00p. I might be able to catch the other ones but again I need to check my coaching schedule.

As far as Cooper, that would be a huge loss just in leadership alone. That kid busts his butt the entire game and like you said wins almost all 50/50 balls he's involved with. He and Wileman were a nice tandem in the trenches.

Sure seems that Donigan would be able to convince him not to transfer for the reason noted...Also what is the rule on transfers?...Seems that they can play immediately and not wait 1 year...Also wasn't there another Chaminade player considering SLU?

I get copied on US Soccer info from friends who work there/former players etc...and I will post anything on Ward that comes up on the youth national team updates....he really has played well with them.

I am probably a no on spring games, I am traveling a lot for work...my brother has seen some practices(he lives down there) I will see if I can get any reports...

I know UCLA, MD, SMU etc...had stud classes and it will always be tough.

I read where Joe Hammes scored his first indoor goal last week...a defender for the Wave, Donnigan's old team, he plays indoor and outdoor....and non-slu but DeSmet grad Chris Klein will suit up against Poland on ESPN 2 tomorrow....

Usually released in late spring or early summer. Virginia should be coming here. At least that's what their coach said at the MAC banquet in 2003. We played there last year and they're here this year, I think in a tourney. I may swing by Sat. afternoon to check a bit of it out. Don't know if Wisconsin is good though.

WI was really strong a few years back, final four etc...had a great run...but they have fallen on some hard times...don't know what they have this year but I can find out....UWM is best program in the state for up there for D-1 and has strong class entering. and we all know Marquette, plays poorly against bad teams, and tough against SLU and comes out mediocre.

As I said I know SLU hosts SMU Fri Sept 10th and SMU plays Cinci in STL that Sunday as part of tourney.

I am not that familiar with the Webster keeper other than reading about him...Is the CBC kid, defender a definite commitment? I know he had a couple left on his list.