The Western Ontario what?

slu72

Okay, it's common knowledge very few people know what a Billiken is, but what the he&* is a Gee-Gee? Jimbo, I fully expect some creative outside the box analysis on coming up with your answer.

Western Ontario Mustangs.

uOttawa (that's the way they like it) GeeGees. The GeeGees are another color mascot (the school colors are garnet and grey). GeeGees use a horse because GG means something to the horsey set. Sometimes toddlers like to call their grandmothers "Gee Gee" (with a hard "G").

http://www.geegees.ca/node/197

Okay, it's common knowledge very few people know what a Billiken is, but what the he&* is a Gee-Gee? Jimbo, I fully expect some creative outside the box analysis on coming up with your answer.

I did a Google Images search for "GG" and the first image was this. Sorry I couldn't be a bigger help.

Posted Image

The Ottawa Gee-Gees is an athletic team that represents the University of Ottawa in Ottawa, Ontario in all of its sporting events. The term "Gee-Gee" is taken from horse racing where a Gee-Gee is the first horse out of the starting gate. The name GGs also describes the university colours, garnet and grey. For many years, the team was known as the Garnet and Grey (French: Grenat et Gris); the name Gee-Gees was chosen to appeal to both francophone and anglophone fans of this bilingual university.[1] :)

The Ottawa Gee-Gees is an athletic team that represents the University of Ottawa in Ottawa, Ontario in all of its sporting events. The term "Gee-Gee" is taken from horse racing where a Gee-Gee is the first horse out of the starting gate. The name GGs also describes the university colours, garnet and grey. For many years, the team was known as the Garnet and Grey (French: Grenat et Gris); the name Gee-Gees was chosen to appeal to both francophone and anglophone fans of this bilingual university.[1] :)

francophone and anglophone. i've learned something new today. now i'm allowed to have a beer! in preparation for seeing mister heavenly later tonight. if you haven't heard of them yet, and you give aShit, it's the drummer from modest mouse and the lead dudes from man man and islands. not sure when they're coming through st. louis. oh. nevermind, they played off broadway last night. toodles.

Posted Image

Major and Kwyibo.

Thanks but I prefer Jimbo's explanation better!!