Broy...

gruehls

there is a guy on bernie's pressbox claiming the bearcats have a 0% graduation rate. while i am no fan of the afformentioned quality of student-athlete mr huggins brings to school and his team, the facts are that the 0% is totally inaccurate and mr gruehls kindly presented a link from the cincy sportscaster that i could use to back that up. i think it is ironic that missouri fans are questioning the integrity of any other program such as cincy. one would think that is an argument they would stay away from.

>Any school that allows the likes of Donald Little, Dontonio

>Wingfield and Robert Whaley can't be taken seriously.

I could make the case that that statement can't be taken seriously, but I came here to bury Mizzou, not praise UC, so I'll pass.

...wonder why they have so many criminal justice majors? The FBI must be crawling with ex UC stars. Leads one to believe the FBI fields a pretty good team in the Washington DC Bureaucratic Conference. Thanks a lot Porridge Boy, once again Hugs Thugs come up bracket busters for me. At least our new conference has two teams in the Sweet 16. And the way XU's playing I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them go just a little bit further.

>>Any school that allows the likes of Donald Little, Dontonio

>>Wingfield and Robert Whaley can't be taken seriously.

>

>I could make the case that that statement can't be taken

>seriously, but I came here to bury Mizzou, not praise UC, so

>I'll pass.

Are you defending UC allowing these guys in?

It seemed like Huggins may have actually started to clean it up a little, but he just couldn't resist. Along came Robert Whaley!

i think st joes is going all the way. the best sets of backcourts i saw this past week were the ones for st joes and for uab. goes to show what good guards can do. maybe that is why brad is so focused on recruiting guards.

>>>Any school that allows the likes of Donald Little, Dontonio

>>>Wingfield and Robert Whaley can't be taken seriously.

>>

>>I could make the case that that statement can't be taken

>>seriously, but I came here to bury Mizzou, not praise UC, so

>>I'll pass.

>

>Are you defending UC allowing these guys in?

>

>It seemed like Huggins may have actually started to clean it

>up a little, but he just couldn't resist. Along came Robert

>Whaley!

i tried to make clear that my purpose was to respond to roy's request for info, not mount a defense of UC. but since you seek clarification, my further point is that it's ridiculous to claim, as you did, that the presence of those 3 participants in the basketball program somehow defines the value of UC as an educational institution.

>>>>Any school that allows the likes of Donald Little, Dontonio

>>>>Wingfield and Robert Whaley can't be taken seriously.

>>>

>>>I could make the case that that statement can't be taken

>>>seriously, but I came here to bury Mizzou, not praise UC, so

>>>I'll pass.

>>

>>Are you defending UC allowing these guys in?

>>

>>It seemed like Huggins may have actually started to clean it

>>up a little, but he just couldn't resist. Along came Robert

>>Whaley!

>

>i tried to make clear that my purpose was to respond to

>roy's request for info, not mount a defense of UC. but since

>you seek clarification, my further point is that it's

>ridiculous to claim, as you did, that the presence of those

>3 participants in the basketball program somehow defines the

>value of UC as an educational institution.

Allowing them in reflects poorly on the university. I never stated it "defines" the university.

Eugene Land, Shawn Myrick, Arthur Long... the list goes on and on.

ace, what did myrick and land do? i dont recall any escapades on their part. the better continuance of the list would have been fortson and long with their "blazing saddles" act.

sorry gruehls, couldnt resist.

you said: "Any school that allows the likes of Donald Little, Dontonio Wingfield and Robert Whaley can't be taken seriously."

I'm not making that up; I've requoted it 3 times. And I don't have to contort plain English in an effort to argue over what the meaning of the word "is" is. It's a stupid statement about a school that has plenty of things to be proud of. You don't like what comes thru UC's hoops team, great. A lot of people don't. But it's a still a stupid statement, made repeatedly, and it's no more valid than me saying "SLU basketball can't be taken seriously because they don't produce enough All-Americans."

>you said: "Any school that allows the likes of Donald

>Little, Dontonio Wingfield and Robert Whaley can't be taken

>seriously."

>

>I'm not making that up; I've requoted it 3 times. And I

>don't have to contort plain English in an effort to argue

>over what the meaning of the word "is" is. It's a stupid

>statement about a school that has plenty of things to be

>proud of. You don't like what comes thru UC's hoops team,

>great. A lot of people don't. But it's a still a stupid

>statement, made repeatedly, and it's no more valid than me

>saying "SLU basketball can't be taken seriously because they

>don't produce enough All-Americans."

Sorry guy. If you want to quibble about semantics fine. The way the UC basketball program is run reflects poorly on the school. If you like having guys like Donald Little, Robert Whaley, Dontonio Wingfield, Shawn Myrick, Eugene Land and on and on representing your "school", then congrats... you have a lot to be proud of. IMO, any school that allows that can't be taken seriously.

ACE, please drop this. gruehls has been one of the classiest and best Cincinnati fans we've had here, and you are antagonizing him. He's been cordial to SLU fans and even rooted for the Billikens when they're not playing the Bearcats, but you may be turning him away. Please cease and desist.

>ACE, please drop this. gruehls has been one of the

>classiest and best Cincinnati fans we've had here, and you

>are antagonizing him. He's been cordial to SLU fans and

>even rooted for the Billikens when they're not playing the

>Bearcats, but you may be turning him away. Please cease and

>desist.

my skin's not so thin, thicks, but thanks for the kind words. i know where ACE is coming from, even if i think his characterization is too harsh.

it was a pleasure to meet slusign and taj at the tourney. sorry i didn't get to meet you as well. i'll still be cheering for the bills in all contests not involving the 'cats.

ace, i cant speak for cincy fans or huggy, but it defies logic that the ole "give the kid another chance" plays here. i think huggins got greedy. there is no doubt whaley is a physical specimen. but judging by past events and whaley's season at cincy, he is without a doubt a headcase.

that said, i think that the fact huggins at one time took what seemed like all "robert whaley's" i.e. jucos and problems but supreme athletes and players to now just an occasional one and an obvious increase in academic performance by his team shows he is trying to change the ways.

still there is no denying that most schools when it gets down to it, would rather have wins than ethics. too many examples to believe otherwise. thus, i am sure huggins did what he felt he had to do when the opportunity came his way with whaley. too bad it blew up in his face imo.

bad..a little misguided, but not bad. Give him a break, he didn't recruit those guys. Probably defended them in court, but didn't recruit them. And any guy that likes Skyline is alright with me. Send me your address again Porridge Boy, I got your Maurice's Politically incorrect BBQ sauce.