FWIW

Ken Pomeroy has our RPI at 120 now and predicts a 10-6 league record, including an L at Fordham. This is based on our performance up to this time.

mhg

-that is an increase of two conf wins from the last time i looked which was over the weekend sometime

-how very close we are/were(?) to being a very special team, by SLU standards at the least

-that is an increase of two conf wins from the last time i looked which was over the weekend sometime

-how very close we are/were(?) to being a very special team, by SLU standards at the least

He's got to be predicting WR or KM returning and playing this year. 10-6 is highly optimistic.

I never saw the 10-6 prediction.

Currently we are ranked 106th, with a conference prediction of 8-8.

However, if you count the W's for the conference play, it has the billikens with 10 wins. And the Fordham game is predicted as a win (66-61).

I've never understood what the exact difference is between the sum of the W's, and the predicted record at the bottom... (10-6 vs. 8-8)

Believe kenpom is just a statistical prediction based on past performance and SOS, with wiggle factor based on home court advantage. He doesn't know about missing players returning.

The site still shows me we are 120 with a 120 rank and 10-6 record for the league. Whatever it shows, we should do better once WR and KM reappear, hopefully sooner than later. If we are indeed that competitive in the league based on the non conf record, imaging what we could do with the duo availbable to Majerus now?

mhg

I never saw the 10-6 prediction.

Currently we are ranked 106th, with a conference prediction of 8-8.

However, if you count the W's for the conference play, it has the billikens with 10 wins. And the Fordham game is predicted as a win (66-61).

I've never understood what the exact difference is between the sum of the W's, and the predicted record at the bottom... (10-6 vs. 8-8)

realtimerpi has these numbers, Pomeroy has 8-8

I am showing 9-7 for A-10 play.

Home

Dayton-W

St. J -W

Rh Is- W

UMass- W

LaSal- W

Charl- W

Duq--- L

Xav--- W

Away

Tem-- L

Duq-- L

Ford-- W

GW---- W

Xav--- L

Rich-- L

St Bon-L

Daytn- L

If we get KM and/or WR back...we could win the last 2 away games...St. Bon & Dayton finishing as high as 11-5.

I am showing 9-7 for A-10 play.

Home

Dayton-W

St. J -W

Rh Is- W

UMass- W

LaSal- W

Charl- W

Duq--- L

Xav--- W

Away

Tem-- L

Duq-- L

Ford-- W

GW---- W

Xav--- L

Rich-- L

St Bon-L

Daytn- L

If we get KM and/or WR back...we could win the last 2 away games...St. Bon & Dayton finishing as high as 11-5.

I know your numbers are good, but if we get KM and WR back I think we will beat Duq at home and possibly on the road. I also think we could beat Xavier on the road.

I know your numbers are good, but if we get KM and WR back I think we will beat Duq at home and possibly on the road. I also think we could beat Xavier on the road.

Duq is a good team. I think they are the 3rd best in our conf. (Temp & Richmd are better) I think Duq is good enough to be a dark horse and if the other 2 falter they could slip in as the A-10 champs. We will have a tough time beating Duq anywhere. I think we can take X at home but not at their place. If we get KM and/or WR AND they are effective then maybe we can take Duq here and X on the road but for now I will leave them as close losses. I would be happy with an 11-5 conf record.

I spoke with Ken Pomeroy a little earlier in the week and he was really wanting to put the Billikens at 16-0 in conference play and give them an RPI of 24. He also mentioned he thought Katy Perry was a man and Mizzou football was good. But then he said John Stamos was the best looking human on the planet so I had no choice but to agree with everything he said.