Cody Ellis

Only one thing is responsible for any of our loses so far this year...and it has nothing to do with any decision RM has made.

At some point we have to accept the roster as it is and try to win games. I don't necessarily disagree with RM on this one. Ellis has been the same player this year so far. That said, missing an entire game is a pretty strong message. Also, I'd rather be missing only 2 starters from last year instead of 3.

WHAT have you been watching this year? CODY has BEEN AWFUL... All of our scoring runs have been when he is out of the game. He comes in, and MAYBE hits a few shots, but his man dominates him on the other end. RM has run set plays for Cody, coming right out of a few minute stretch where he rested and he STILL misses (grant it that one went in and somehow jumped out, but a miss nonetheless).

If Cody played last night, we would have score a bit more but given up much more. This year's Cody Ellis is NOTHING like kid we saw last year come out of the gates. Yeah, he knows the system better, but he has not provided a spark what-so-ever!

What have you been watching??

Not sure if we would have given up much more. Most of their points came from their low post players. Don't see how Cody could have played worse defensively last night than Conklin, Loe and Remekun against Sikma and Co.

I guess you feel that we should put a fork in Cody, huh? That he is just not worth playing anymore, right? Because that is what I am getting from your post.

I believe if Ellis and Loe stay all four years, both will be all conference players. Enough talent is there. They may even eventually become good defenders. If we get other strong rebounders while they are here, they may thrive in the A10.

RM has been around the block has had past success, and you know he'll do things his way. That said, whenever possible I'm in favor of coaches disciplining players in ways that don't contribute to losses.

As a fan I definitely agree that I hate to see us lose bc Coach is being a hardass but the loss did help prove Rick's point. You know after the game Rick told Cody we lost a winnable game bc you weren't playing bc you don't play defense. Hopefully Cody realizes him not playing D is hurting the whole team and he gets his act together. As opposed to him just blaming rick for the loss.

Does career night mean anything? Sikma and Hannibal had career nights against us. This team shot 72% first half. We tightened up a bit the second half but we were already buried.

I like the idea of CE resting for the Duke game.

Our lack of quickness problem at the 4 and 5 doesn't go away just because CE becomes available. Also, our freshmen guards can't figure out how to pass inside without a forecast that defenders can read like the

Wall Street Journal.

KM liked to keep the ball instead of passing and he thought a layup included shooting from 10 feet to the side of a basket but he at least could keep the defenders honest.

Our bigs problem is not helped with freshmen guards who looked good in the boxscore

As a fan I definitely agree that I hate to see us lose bc Coach is being a hardass but the loss did help prove Rick's point. You know after the game Rick told Cody we lost a winnable game bc you weren't playing bc you don't play defense. Hopefully Cody realizes him not playing D is hurting the whole team and he gets his act together. As opposed to him just blaming rick for the loss.

He did the same thing w/ WR last year and it worked. I may be wrong but I think WR sat out the Richmond game and we won. WR did play pretty strong after the sit down lesson. Here's hoping it works on CE. Again, CE's been sick. Hopefully, he's getting over the hump and soon.

He did the same thing w/ WR last year and it worked. I may be wrong but I think WR sat out the Richmond game and we won. WR did play pretty strong after the sit down lesson. Here's hoping it works on CE. Again, CE's been sick. Hopefully, he's getting over the hump and soon.

I have feeling RM is from the "first semester break em down, drill sergeant; second semester build em up the way you want them" type.

Trouble is some take a leaf on you like BT to Lindenwood

If it is true that RM sat CE down to get his attention. He sent a message to the whole team that when coach says something in practice he means it. Hopefully Cody and the rest of the team buy into RM and his system. Its tough to win any game with all of these freshman playing. CE has to play solid defense for us to win. It would have taken him playing a tough physical defense and team free throws to win this last game.

As I noted to another poster yesterday, best case this makes Cody go all Australian-rules football for our next game. We're going to need something like that. ;)

If he's a competitor (and I think he is) he'll respond to being benched. If he's not a competitor, he won't respond (and wasn't going to be worth much anyway). Very simple. You want someone who is coachable and wants to get better. This is not rocket science and Rick knows what he's doing.

Does career night mean anything? Sikma and Hannibal had career nights against us. This team shot 72% first half. We tightened up a bit the second half but we were already buried.

I like the idea of CE resting for the Duke game.

Our lack of quickness problem at the 4 and 5 doesn't go away just because CE becomes available. Also, our freshmen guards can't figure out how to pass inside without a forecast that defenders can read like the

Wall Street Journal.

KM liked to keep the ball instead of passing and he thought a layup included shooting from 10 feet to the side of a basket but he at least could keep the defenders honest.

Our bigs problem is not helped with freshmen guards who looked good in the boxscore

Coach RM said the guards played a good game on the court. Our bigs problem is that they are not yet tough enough.