Covington from GA

GOSLU68

I was really impressed with the talent level on that team, and GManAlum was, too. With 2 JUCO juniors and the rest freshmen and sophomores, with 4 guys having to sit out this year as transfers and redshirts, they're going to be a very dangerous team in the OVC for the 2 seasons after this.

Covington is definitely a player, and Peters looked like he was going to do a lot more damage based on his first 10 minutes. Miller and Moore were nice, too. Green looked like he could go on the Rick Majerus Diet for a year or two.

I was really impressed with the talent level on that team, and GManAlum was, too. With 2 JUCO juniors and the rest freshmen and sophomores, with 4 guys having to sit out this year as transfers and redshirts, they're going to be a very dangerous team in the OVC for the 2 seasons after this.

Covington is definitely a player, and Peters looked like he was going to do a lot more damage based on his first 10 minutes. Miller and Moore were nice, too. Green looked like he could go on the Rick Majerus Diet for a year or two.

the second half showed their guards were not good. they made a lot of mistakes and did not like the pressure mccall, cassity and especially jett applied. they also did not have the discipline to stay focused defensively in the second half and allowed a lot of easy passes to the inside.

imo, covington was worthy, the rest couldnt play for the billikens.

our second half last night was spectacular. best half we have played this year thus far. and it was led by our freshmen.

the second half showed their guards were not good. they made a lot of mistakes and did not like the pressure mccall, cassity and especially jett applied. they also did not have the discipline to stay focused defensively in the second half and allowed a lot of easy passes to the inside.

imo, covington was worthy, the rest couldnt play for the billikens.

our second half last night was spectacular. best half we have played this year thus far. and it was led by our freshmen.

I disagree. The second half showed that Tennessee State's players were exhausted. They simply ran out of gas, as they probably will quite a bit this season. They had basically a 6-man rotation. 2 guys played 6 minutes each. These are mostly good players that were just gassed.

What appeared to be lack of discipline or failure to apply pressure was probably just a function of 6 guys being more worn out than we can imagine. It's no wonder the story of this game is our bench's success and a big second half run when the opponent is only going 8 players deep, with 4 of them playing 32+ minutes and two more playing 23+ minutes.

I hate to be negative about what we did in the second half last night, but look at the stat sheet. We played 10 guys, each with 3 or more shot attempts and no more than 29 minutes, and saw a significant improvement in second half stats.

I give our freshmen a lot of credit, but not every second half is going to be that easy when we're playing teams that will go deeper than we can.

I disagree. The second half showed that Tennessee State's players were exhausted. They simply ran out of gas, as they probably will quite a bit this season. They had basically a 6-man rotation. 2 guys played 6 minutes each. These are mostly good players that were just gassed.

What appeared to be lack of discipline or failure to apply pressure was probably just a function of 6 guys being more worn out than we can imagine. It's no wonder the story of this game is our bench's success and a big second half run when the opponent is only going 8 players deep, with 4 of them playing 32+ minutes and two more playing 23+ minutes.

I hate to be negative about what we did in the second half last night, but look at the stat sheet. We played 10 guys, each with 3 or more shot attempts and no more than 29 minutes, and saw a significant improvement in second half stats.

I give our freshmen a lot of credit, but not every second half is going to be that easy when we're playing teams that will go deeper than we can.

I was disappointed their 14 year old midget never got into the game.

I saw that guy come out and thught he was a ball boy. I was hoping he was going to get in when the game was decided but it never happened. :(