Good News from KPLR

kevinfootes

(Sorry if this has already been posted) 6 games to air on KPLR. I'm happy even though Rich Gould is doing play by play. ;)

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/article_380d320e-ec57-11df-a777-00127992bc8b.html

-i like rich gould, he does not take himself seriously and is having fun

-the analyst's role with him is to explain the game or the technical point maybe more so than with other announcers

-i used to sit in my car at times when he did radio and those trivia contests and laugh out loud at some of his lines

-the analyst's role with him is to explain the game or the technical point maybe more so than with other announcers

-i used to sit in my car at times when he did radio and those trivia contests and laugh out loud at some of his lines

I like Rich Gould also, but the job he does seems to be up there with Phillp Guy IMO. Just seems to be lacking basic knowledge on the players.

Gould knows his limitations. He's doesn't even really attempt to call play by play. As the action unfolds he kinda throws out a phrase here and there after the fact just as more background noise than anything else.

Rich Gould = Arrogant D-Bag

Maybe someone could talk Stamos into taking his place.

I like Rich Gould also, but the job he does seems to be up there with Phillp Guy IMO. Just seems to be lacking basic knowledge on the players.

I agree for the most part. Gould is kind of funny, but he does very little homework. I was at a Cardinal game one time when Gould was the sideline reporter. He had a stack of about 5 empty beer cups under the one he was currently drinking. I'll never forget him putting the cups to the side and doing the live report. That was classic.

I was at a Cardinal game one time when Gould was the sideline reporter. He had a stack of about 5 empty beer cups under the one he was currently drinking. I'll never forget him putting the cups to the side and doing the live report. That was classic.

-makes me more of a fan!!!