Chicago State is a Home and Home

Thanks for the research and I understand that you are not in charge our scheduling, but again, why the attraction to play a Home-Home with such a bad RPI? Even if they move up 50 points, they would still be 293 RPI. Move up 100 points, they would be 243 RPI - again, that would still be 23 points BEHIND Chicago Loyola which would a settlement after being spurned by Marquette, DePaul, Wisc-Milwaukee and Northwestern. Cannot believe this was such a needed game for us. BTW, if RM now has a new policy of giving everyone a home game, what happened to next year? All the Chicago schools filled up for next year as well? Maybe we should have just agreed to be Wisc-Milwaukee's "buy" game since we obviously have no connections and since even mediocre schools are afraid to play us. :rolleyes:

If the real reason is to play in Chicago (b/c of MM and DE and/or possibly more such recruits next year),

then be honest with us and I would have no problem. Just not buying the stated reason.

Clock, if rickma promised mitchell, evans and/or mccall a "homecoming game", he should follow through. and if Marquette, Milwaukee-wisconsin, Depaul, Northwestern, Illinois-Chicago, and Loyola all indeed told him to take a hike we dont want to play a home and away series, Chicago State is all he has to revert to to provide the needed "local" game he promised.

i do tend to agree that it makes little sense for all six of these programs to shun the offer.

-i called rick in april and told him i would have a free evening in austin on december 11 so he should get a game with texas for that night, after all to make it happen he just has to make a call, can you believe the sob went and scheduled a game in a different locale that day?!?!? next time i see him i will have to let him know how disappointed i am that the program could not accomodate my wishes :blink:

if you cant see that why it is hard to believe that all 6 of the other programs in the Milwaukee/chicago area have no dates available for the out of conference schedule in chicago for this season and next, you are delusional.

if you cant see that why it is hard to believe that all 6 of the other programs in the Milwaukee/chicago area have no dates available for the out of conference schedule in chicago for this season and next, you are delusional.

roy, you can throw out DePaul, Marquette, and Northwestern right away. We all know those schools are not too keen on playing at Chaifetz. That leave you with UWM, UIC, and Chicago State. Let's not pretend there were 6 legitimate options.

If RM truly picked Chicago State over the others I would agree that he made a bad choice. It's not entirely unreasonable to think that 2 schools might have some sort of scheduling conflict...not to mention the fact that playing a game in Chicago is much more important for SLU.

roy, you can throw out DePaul, Marquette, and Northwestern right away. We all know those schools are not too keen on playing at Chaifetz. That leave you with UWM, UIC, and Chicago State. Let's not pretend there were 6 legitimate options.

If RM truly picked Chicago State over the others I would agree that he made a bad choice. It's not entirely unreasonable to think that 2 schools might have some sort of scheduling conflict...not to mention the fact that playing a game in Chicago is much more important for SLU.

"not entirely unreasonable" so you think that illinois chicago, wisconsin-milwaukee and loyola all have their home out of conference schedules completed for next year as well? ok. you have the right to believe whatever you want. by the way i have recently obtained the rights to sell the eads bridge. i can sell it to you real cheap.......

you have the right to believe whatever you want. by the way i have recently obtained the rights to sell the eads bridge. i can sell it to you real cheap.......

-roy you are certainly consistent in that you cannot fathom that anyone can have a different view of a situation than you do and if someone does and expresses it you make sure to throw a jab, or worse

-roy you are certainly consistent in that you cannot fathom that anyone can have a different view of a situation than you do and if someone does and expresses it you make sure to throw a jab, or worse

ok please explain why you think all six schools have their schedules set for this season and next. or are you saying you are happy and think it is a good move to schedule an annual bottom 5 school for a home and away series and that is why we didnt pursue a better option amongst any of the other six schools?

1. I don't believe CSU was anyone's first choice for home/home series. Must have been the last pick / closest game we could get to Milwaukee. This should be pretty obvious. We play plenty of bad teams in the pre-season (not to mention CSU every year) so I don't really care. Plus, I'm sure we have some Chicago area recruits who will get to see the team live. All in all, sounds good to me.

2. I think CSU plays most of their games away as "buy games" to fund their athletic department.

Semi-related:

-I think DePaul is looking to purchase land near Goose Island (a large large industrial company is moving to the suburbs) sorta off Armitage.

-My roommate is a Loyola alum and we were just talking about how it's stupid SLU/LU don't play more often.

-The tournament at UIC last year was really great - playing against semi good / good midwestern programs in Chicago. Really wish we could do something like this with more regularity.

-Let's just bring back the Great Midwest Conference. Anyone have some pull?

-I was drinking at Humphrey's before a wedding this summer and ran into BC, CS and a couple others eating lunch. Those guys are pretty cool.

-The tournament at UIC last year was really great - playing against semi good / good midwestern programs in Chicago. Really wish we could do something like this with more regularity.

Agreed, except I'd rather do it anywhere but the Pavilion. The location is fine but the actual premises are pretty awful. Maybe I was quickly, and briefly, spoiled by Chaifetz but the Pavilion is a dump.

"not entirely unreasonable" so you think that illinois chicago, wisconsin-milwaukee and loyola all have their home out of conference schedules completed for next year as well? ok. you have the right to believe whatever you want. by the way i have recently obtained the rights to sell the eads bridge. i can sell it to you real cheap.......

typical roy. First you lie and imply that schools like Marquette were willing to play us but refused. Everyone knows that isn't true. Then you pretend to know what's going on behind the scenes with scheduling. The truth is that you have no idea what's going on. You hate RM so much that you take every opportunity to slam him and, in essence, slam the program itself.

roy, please provide the link that show us Marquette was willing to play us in a home and home. Otherwise, kindly admit you made that up.

ok please explain why you think all six schools have their schedules set for this season and next. or are you saying you are happy and think it is a good move to schedule an annual bottom 5 school for a home and away series and that is why we didnt pursue a better option amongst any of the other six schools?

IT WAS NEVER 6 SCHOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a liar you are!

typical roy. First you lie and imply that schools like Marquette were willing to play us but refused. Everyone knows that isn't true. Then you pretend to know what's going on behind the scenes with scheduling. The truth is that you have no idea what's going on. You hate RM so much that you take every opportunity to slam him and, in essence, slam the program itself.

roy, please provide the link that show us Marquette was willing to play us in a home and home. Otherwise, kindly admit you made that up.

you cant read, where did i say anything about anyone was willing to play? you provide that link. i simply pointed out that there is no way that those six schools have their home schedules made out for the next two seasons yet so the opportunity to play was open datewise. who said they would or would not be willing to play is no where in any of my posts. i was only backing up clock's premise that we SHOULD have been able to get a better opponent for that game.

i think i will go back to putting you on ignore. reading your posts is a total waste of time.

you cant read, where did i say anything about anyone was willing to play? you provide that link. i simply pointed out that there is no way that those six schools have their home schedules made out for the next two seasons yet so the opportunity to play was open datewise. who said they would or would not be willing to play is no where in any of my posts. i was only backing up clock's premise that we SHOULD have been able to get a better opponent for that game.

i think i will go back to putting you on ignore. reading your posts is a total waste of time.

roy, you keep including marquette as a schhol that RM somehow refused to play. You know that isn't true. You can ignore posts and bury your head in the sand if you like. If you aren't including Marquette, DePaul, and Northwestern, how do arrive at 6? I'd hope somone in the mortgage business was a little better at math.

roy, I simply called you out for making a misleading post (or lying) in another effort to take a dig at RM.

I've had reasonable exchanges with clock on this matter. My point all along is that you have no idea what's going on behind the scenes and you know darn well there weren't 6 options.

roy, you keep including marquette as a schhol that RM somehow refused to play. You know that isn't true. You can ignore posts and bury your head in the sand if you like. If you aren't including Marquette, DePaul, and Northwestern, how do arrive at 6? I'd hope somone in the mortgage business was a little better at math.

roy, I simply called you out for making a misleading post (or lying) in another effort to take a dig at RM.

I've had reasonable exchanges with clock on this matter. My point all along is that you have no idea what's going on behind the scenes and you know darn well there weren't 6 options.

look goofball, i will say/ask it again. where did i say in this thread that anyone, including rickma, refused to play? again i am only pointing out that there are six other schools in the area of milwaukee/chicago that are better schools and no way they have their schedules comploeted through next season (the last season to fulfill an apparent promise to mitchell).

quit trying to make this debate something it isnt. you are completely nuts and now on ignore.

Footes. There has been alot of sarcasm in this thread. My only point is to call a spade a spade and not something else.

If the premise, all of a sudden, is for KM to get his "home" game, then why panic and make a 2 year schedule "mistake" with the 343 out of 347 RPI school in Chicago. I don't want to watch them play at Chaifetz next year.

First, there are other options: Wisc-Milwaukee, UIC, Loyola - and that's not even including DePaul and Marquette (who don't want to play us) as well as Northwestern, Wisconsin, etc. Just checked Ken Pom and note that Northern Illinois is also in Chicago and they have an RPI of 241. UIC has an RPI of 245. Again, why the 343 RPI school? That is an RPI killer - offsets the boost by Duke. Isn't that why we scheduled DII Rockhurst? I hope the answer is financial.

If the premise, instead, is to play every year in Chicago (which I would support BTW) then why not Loyola, UIC or NIU -- all with RPIs in the 220 to 245 range?

Second, when coaches do the home game for their players, it's usually once in their 4 years and not each year. Last year, we played a tournament in Chicago. Does that not count? Why not wait for a better game next year?

Footes. There has been alot of sarcasm in this thread. My only point is to call a spade a spade and not something else.

If the premise, all of a sudden, is for KM to get his "home" game, then why panic and make a 2 year schedule "mistake" with the 343 out of 347 RPI school in Chicago. I don't want to watch them play at Chaifetz next year.

First, there are other options: Wisc-Milwaukee, UIC, Loyola - and that's not even including DePaul and Marquette (who don't want to play us) as well as Northwestern, Wisconsin, etc. Just checked Ken Pom and note that Northern Illinois is also in Chicago and they have an RPI of 241. UIC has an RPI of 245. Again, why the 343 RPI school? That is an RPI killer - offsets the boost by Duke. Isn't that why we scheduled DII Rockhurst? I hope the answer is financial.

If the premise, instead, is to play every year in Chicago (which I would support BTW) then why not Loyola, UIC or NIU -- all with RPIs in the 220 to 245 range?

Second, when coaches do the home game for their players, it's usually once in their 4 years and not each year. Last year, we played a tournament in Chicago. Does that not count? Why not wait for a better game next year?

clock i cant believe you think rickma turned marquette down for a game. how do you know?

-is chicago st a team that would be on a wish list for scheduling? probably not

-are they historically as bad as they were last season? no

-chicago st has been in the bottom 25% of kenpom ratings 2 out of the last 5 yrs, last yr in the bottom 5 teams but hardly an "annual" trip into bottom 5

-in 2007 their kenpom rating was better than richmond

-in 2008 their rating was better than portland

-in 2009 their rating was better than n ill by 39

-in 2010 they almost fell off the chart

-bsheldon points out some reasons why this season they maybe better

-let's just beat them twice

-maybe the ground has been laid to start a series with another chicago school next season, let's wait to complain about that next year at this time

yr d1 chi st

2011 ??? who knows

2010 347 343

2009 344 250

2008 341 273

2007 336 224

2006 334 222

clock i cant believe you think rickma turned marquette down for a game. how do you know?

clock never said that roy, it was you. If you kept going you'd be posting that RM turned down a 2 for 1 with Marquette, with the 2 game being at Chaifetz.

roy, I think most of the board would welcome your support for the program this season. Can we count on you? :P

Clock, I agree that there are other options. I'm not sure why RM picked Chicago State over UIC or UWM or Loyola. My only point is that we don't know all of the facts here.

It just gets frustrating when some posters take EVERY opportunity to take shots at RM. This game is really no big deal in the overall scheme of things, and we don't know all of the facts. Hey, I'm the first to question RM when I think he deserves it. I don't see this one as anything worth losing sleep.

Our awful and lowly opponent is getting some press. Here is a nice article on the new coach. Again, I still don't like the fact that we are playing them, but I like having a game in Chicago and if they were truly all that was available, OK. Plus, as awful as they look right now, they won't be quite as bad the next couple of years. Heck, as of right now on Yahoo, they are getting more press then 300+ other teams. So, it is not all doom and gloom.

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1125473