A10 2010 - 2011

Yes, the Bills look strong for next season. But so does the league. It will not be easy to replicate this season's A10 record. So SLU really needs to get out of the blocks fast in its out of conference schedule.

Our incoming frosh look good but so does the classes for Xavier, Dayton and several other league schools. If you trust the recruiting services SLU has no better than the third or fourth best class coming in. Of course then we have RM and I trust that he and his staff can identify talent better than most.

WH has posted his top five on the A10. This is more of an off the top of his head and he has picked SLU 3rd or second depending on whether Crawford comes back to X.

who's WH? i only refer to SLU BB players and coaches by their initials. i'm going w/... walter hibachi.

Yes, the Bills look strong for next season. But so does the league. It will not be easy to replicate this season's A10 record. So SLU really needs to get out of the blocks fast in its out of conference schedule.

Our incoming frosh look good but so does the classes for Xavier, Dayton and several other league schools. If you trust the recruiting services SLU has no better than the third or fourth best class coming in. Of course then we have RM and I trust that he and his staff can identify talent better than most.

You can not use a ranking of an incoming recruiting class as the only measure of how good a team will be. You have to also look at who is there already. Fordham could have the best recruiting class in the A10 but given who they already have no one would pick them for winning the conf or finishing in the top half because of that. I agree that X and Dayton have simply reloaded but we have shown we can already play with them - we beat Dayton twice and lost a very close game to X which could have gone either way if we had not run out of gas. The problem we had this year was that we simply did not have the bench depth to keep us in games late in the season once we were physically drained. That lose to X was the beginning of our end - we went on to drop the game to Temple, beat Dayton and then lost to RI in the tourney. If we had had a couple of bench players who could have given us quality minutes in the second half then our legs would have been there all season and so would our outside shooting.