Kyle Cassity FTs

kevinfootes

I noticed an interesting stat. Kyle Cassity is second on the team in minutes played, but he's only been to the line 17 times this season. That's the 7th-most attempts on the team. I understand that he's not banging under the boards, but I find that to be very unusual. As a point of comparison, Justin Jordan has been to the line 43 times in about 60% of the minutes. I know that Kyle's game isn't necessarily driving it to the basket, but is he mixing it up enough? I think he's a pretty good FT shooter, despite only being 10-17 this year. He's getting more shots off these days, and we definitely wouldn't have beaten Dayton without him.

I noticed an interesting stat. Kyle Cassity is second on the team in minutes played, but he's only been to the line 17 times this season. That's the 7th-most attempts on the team. I understand that he's not banging under the boards, but I find that to be very unusual. As a point of comparison, Justin Jordan has been to the line 43 times in about 60% of the minutes. I know that Kyle's game isn't necessarily driving it to the basket, but is he mixing it up enough? I think he's a pretty good FT shooter, despite only being 10-17 this year. He's getting more shots off these days, and we definitely wouldn't have beaten Dayton without him.

He is also very quick to pass the ball during the end of the game when a lot of the FTs happen. I wish he would hold it a little longer if he could and get to the line.

He's definitely played better in the last month, can't disagree with that. I think maybe 5-7 games into the season, he had only been to the line in 1 game....I remember posting about him being way too timid and everyone jumped on me. Glad someone else sees it. He will be a solid player off the bench in the future.

He seems to get alot of uncontested layups off the dribble.

I think he's got a nice hesitation move off his dribble. He's done it more lately, from the bcasts I've seen. He's got to continue to be aggressive and not let his guy play back on him so he's available for help D on either KM or CE. I think this is what the coaches have been drilling into him over the last month or two.

Cassity is picking his spots. Or as ome like to say "letting the game come to him." I've noticed that he is not that assertive on the offensive end for th first half for the most part and then seems to be a changed man in the second. He came out bombing in the secnd half of the Dayton game and got us back within striking distance with his threes. He seemed unconscious --- like he just played and didn't think about it much. He is a very heady player and seems to think a lot. I want him to find the balance between the two. Those drives were things of beauty -- -except for the finishes. I too would wish he'd just try and jam it home. He is disarming with his style and demeanor and that too lulls others to sleep. I have said all along this team needs another offensive option on the wing and Kyle is it. JJ is launching some nice threes but I think it a defensive liability to play two under six-foot guards at the same time.

I would think that, late in the game, Kwamain, Kyle and Cody become your go-to guys ---- either score or get fouled. But they are still young ---- that hot-potato, you-take-it-no-you-take-it-no-you-take it routine at the end of regulation was horrible --- and ignored today only because Kwamain took the "prayer" finally. We were thissssclose from NOT getting a shot off and, with all due respect, the shot we were left with frankly sucked. Even with Chris Wright on the ball, I think think you'd want the 6'9" guy getting ot off with Wright on him as opposed to the 5'11' guy.

Kyle brought us back and then went silent offensively. Despite that, the smaller things he did on the floor in that second half cannot be discounted. He is a good to great bqllplayer as far as being a student of the game. He is not a whirly-dunk posterizing guy, however. But you win more games than you lose with kids like that.

Cassity is picking his spots. Or as ome like to say "letting the game come to him." I've noticed that he is not that assertive on the offensive end for th first half for the most part and then seems to be a changed man in the second. He came out bombing in the secnd half of the Dayton game and got us back within striking distance with his threes. He seemed unconscious --- like he just played and didn't think about it much. He is a very heady player and seems to think a lot. I want him to find the balance between the two. Those drives were things of beauty -- -except for the finishes. I too would wish he'd just try and jam it home. He is disarming with his style and demeanor and that too lulls others to sleep. I have said all along this team needs another offensive option on the wing and Kyle is it. JJ is launching some nice threes but I think it a defensive liability to play two under six-foot guards at the same time.

I would think that, late in the game, Kwamain, Kyle and Cody become your go-to guys ---- either score or get fouled. But they are still young ---- that hot-potato, you-take-it-no-you-take-it-no-you-take it routine at the end of regulation was horrible --- and ignored today only because Kwamain took the "prayer" finally. We were thissssclose from NOT getting a shot off and, with all due respect, the shot we were left with frankly sucked. Even with Chris Wright on the ball, I think think you'd want the 6'9" guy getting ot off with Wright on him as opposed to the 5'11' guy.

Kyle brought us back and then went silent offensively. Despite that, the smaller things he did on the floor in that second half cannot be discounted. He is a good to great bqllplayer as far as being a student of the game. He is not a whirly-dunk posterizing guy, however. But you win more games than you lose with kids like that.

I like KC. It just seems to me that aggressive players tend to draw fouls on opponents, and that leads to more attemts at the line. I think you phrased it pretty well with "letting the game come to him". It does seems like this is changing over the past few games.

Agree that agressive tends to draw the fouls. Of cours, that's in a normal game -- one not referreed by some of the clowns we seem to get. Sometimes, I don't know what game it is these guys ar watching.