Atlantic 10 action, 1-23-10

Temple won at Fordham (big whoop!)

I watched the end of Charlotte at La Salle, and Charlotte won with a runner at the buzzer. Then I watched the end of Richmond and George Washington, and Richmond won, thanks to a 3ptr by Butler in the last 30 seconds.

I hope SLU will extend the Colonials' misery Wednesday.

I watched the end of Charlotte at La Salle, and Charlotte won with a runner at the buzzer. Then I watched the end of Richmond and George Washington, and Richmond won, thanks to a 3ptr by Butler in the last 30 seconds.

Obviously I want what is best for SLU first but after that I want the A-10 to get as many at-large bids as possible. Its far too early to seriously be worrying about any tourney seeding so at this point I want the 5 teams with realistic at-large chances to win as many games as possible. Richmond and Temple have already taken care of business today. Hopefully Dayton will do the same @ a very weak St. Joes team. In the RI/Xavier game I'm going to call for Xavier because RI has the better at-large resume at this point and Xavier needs the win more.

Not surprisingly, UMass is getting slaughtered at a pretty good Baylor team.

I had been keeping an eye on the Temple game since they were only up 3 at half. Obviously they pulled away in the 2nd. Still, you'd think the best team in our league could handle a Fordham team we just beat by about 30.

Obviously I want what is best for SLU first but after that I want the A-10 to get as many at-large bids as possible. Its far too early to seriously be worrying about any tourney seeding so at this point I want the 5 teams with realistic at-large chances to win as many games as possible. Richmond and Temple have already taken care of business today. Hopefully Dayton will do the same @ a very weak St. Joes team. In the RI/Xavier game I'm going to call for Xavier because RI has the better at-large resume at this point and Xavier needs the win more.

Not surprisingly, UMass is getting slaughtered at a pretty good Baylor team.

Dayton just lost a few minutes ago. That team has some issues. We should beat them here and I wouldn't be suprised at all if we win there.

Why Dayton kept tossing up 3's when they weren't hitting them and not going to the hoop is a mystery to me. I wonder about Gregory's x and o's.

Your second sentence solves the mystery in your first. Boy am I glad he doesn't coach here.

I wouldn't be surprised if we beat Xavier at home.

I think we are only going to lose 1 more home game. Most likely to provide that loss to us are RI, Temple or Xavier.

Dayton is not nearly as good as their record or RPI would suggest. they have way to many close wins against mediocre teams and yesterday the law of averages caught up with them. Their NCAA star is fading fast.