big willie reed

lloyddobbler

Saw this on the front page of yahoo.com

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=191579

I hope its just my computer loading the page funny, but under the video box on that page there is a picture of Porter Moser that is labeled Willie Reed.

Dispite this gaff, its is nice for SLU to get some exposure and showing off Willie is certainly the best way to drum up interest in the program. He is a fan favorite and probably the most exciting player SLU has had in a while.

Saw this on the front page of yahoo.com

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=191579

way to go, Big Willie. fourth cousin of Willis Reed. i always wondered. i shoulda known...

whenever i say "i shoulda known..." i always think of my all-time favorite sports clip (behind the entire NBA Superstars video, of course) from like a 1992 SI NFL video, "Demolition something or other", all about big NFL hits.

"i was lookin' around to see who the heck made that hit... i shoulda known..."

Guest BillikenReport

It should be noted that Willie Reed was a recruiting target of former coach Brad Soderberg before Rick Majerus got the job, because there aren't a lot of Soderberg targets still on the Billikens roster.

Former assistant coach Angres Thorpe had a lot to do with Reed going to SLU.

I don't know if Reed would have gone to SLU to play for Soderberg, but it should be noted that the kid was targeted by the former coach.

It should be noted that Willie Reed was a recruiting target of former coach Brad Soderberg before Rick Majerus got the job, because there aren't a lot of Soderberg targets still on the Billikens roster.

Former assistant coach Angres Thorpe had a lot to do with Reed going to SLU.

I don't know if Reed would have gone to SLU to play for Soderberg, but it should be noted that the kid was targeted by the former coach.

Femi was a Sodie target as well I believe. Other than those 2 all the other Sodie boys have left (Thompson was a Sodie too I think).

Guest BillikenReport

Femi was a Sodie target as well I believe. Other than those 2 all the other Sodie boys have left (Thompson was a Sodie too I think).

Yes, Femi John was recruited by Soderberg. As was Paul Eckerle, though BS was recruiting Eckerle as a walk-on and at the time Eckerle wasn't willing to do that. Soderberg offered John a scholarship early on. When Majerus took over, there was actually a little bit of time before John was extended a scholarship.