Majerus on KFNS

EMS67

I would think PM would have to be on the top of the list if RM left, unless it was a bad ending and a p@$$ed off Biondi wanted to clean house. I've heard RM go out of his way to point out that PM is an associate head coach and not an assistant coach, and how there is a real difference.

Someone asked earlier about the MVC national TV deal. I saw a lot of Valley games on Fox Sports MW last year. I guess that is what people mean.

On Frank's show today, Rick was calling Porter the "co-head coach". I guess he just got promoted from associate HC.

On Frank's show today, Rick was calling Porter the "co-head coach". I guess he just got promoted from associate HC.

My guess is PM's the man if he's still here. He's learning under Obi Wan. I hope this is the case as it gives us continuity in recruiting, system, etc. Like X has had all these past 30 years.

I agree...I like Porter and his enthuasiam towards SLU Bball. We yell his name before every game and he eats it up. I would like to see him here a very long time. I guess that would depend on his shot and the ability to win games.

Guest BillikenReport

I agree...I like Porter and his enthuasiam towards SLU Bball. We yell his name before every game and he eats it up. I would like to see him here a very long time. I guess that would depend on his shot and the ability to win games.

I like Porter a lot.

He's been doing a lot of the heavy lifting on the recruiting trail.

Apparently Porter was the lead to bring in Kwamain Mitchell. Porter was recruiting Kwamain while he was still at Illinois State. Same thing with Mike McCall. He was a kid Moser started recruiting very early -- when McCall was a freshman.

I like Porter a lot.

He's been doing a lot of the heavy lifting on the recruiting trail.

Apparently Porter was the lead to bring in Kwamain Mitchell. Porter was recruiting Kwamain while he was still at Illinois State. Same thing with Mike McCall. He was a kid Moser started recruiting very early -- when McCall was a freshman.

I like Porter too. When we got him I thought he was just an MVC reject and wasn't very excited about him being the next coach (provided he doesn't leave for another job, i'd bank on that happening). But I've been nothing but impressed with the guy. It seems like he is the lead recruiter...and seals the deal. Not sure about his X's and O's, but if Majerus thinks highly enough of him to name him co-head coach, you gotta think the guy can coach. I think we are seeing a program being built...