question

So, I've reached my limit when it comes to the debacle that is the online video streams. Who do you guys think needs to receive the email I am drafting to SLU? I don't know who's job it is to ensure things are run professionally....or at least work....but somebody needs to hear about this amateur job. I was gonna send it to May, but maybe I should start further down the food chain. Any idea?

So, I've reached my limit when it comes to the debacle that is the online video streams. Who do you guys think needs to receive the email I am drafting to SLU? I don't know who's job it is to ensure things are run professionally....or at least work....but somebody needs to hear about this amateur job. I was gonna send it to May, but maybe I should start further down the food chain. Any idea?

May would be the guy to send it to I agree. However, where are you getting this online feed from - CBS-TV or the A10? Copy May but make sure it gets to whoever is responsible for the feed.

Thanks guys. I'll send it to May.

Cheese - the games are broadcast by CSTV. However, I don't think they are the problem. I think CSTV just ensures that the online interface is working and that the signal is broadcast to the web from SLU. I think the problem is that the person/group/team responsible is not capable of performing the tasks needed to stream the video. The second exhibition game was broadcasted online but with awful feedback. A week later, this was not fixed. A week after that, the video stopped altogether. As an IT professional, i understand technical difficulties....but one cannot charge for a service they are unable to provide. When I called CSTV, they said they will send something the university technical team...in two years, that has never fixed the problem.

Cheese - the games are broadcast by CSTV. However, I don't think they are the problem. I think CSTV just ensures that the online interface is working and that the signal is broadcast to the web from SLU. I think the problem is that the person/group/team responsible is not capable of performing the tasks needed to stream the video. The second exhibition game was broadcasted online but with awful feedback. A week later, this was not fixed. A week after that, the video stopped altogether. As an IT professional, i understand technical difficulties....but one cannot charge for a service they are unable to provide. When I called CSTV, they said they will send something the university technical team...in two years, that has never fixed the problem.

-the U has to fix this as there are 2 main reasons for me, with the back drop being it is 2009, and in no particular order- 1-the out of town fans need this, 2-it can only help recruiting, if not in the us then world wide if you can tell a kid's family hey all of our games are available on the internet 3-heck the in town fans need this for games not on tv

GET IT FIXED!!!!!!

Well then if the feed is coming in to SLU and they are problem then May is your man. I would hold him accountable. In fact if you still have the problem, I will be happy to raise the issue with him personally at the next Tip Off Club mtg. I am sure he won't want to address the issue at a public forum.

Well then if the feed is coming in to SLU and they are problem then May is your man. I would hold him accountable. In fact if you still have the problem, I will be happy to raise the issue with him personally at the next Tip Off Club mtg. I am sure he won't want to address the issue at a public forum.

I stopped with CSTV two years ago after paying for it and never being able to login unless I paid again! Emails to CSTV went unanswered. I considered it an off the books small donation to SLU, sure they must get a percent of it.

Email was sent and I got a response a few hours later. Who knows what will come of it, but if it's not fixed by the next tip-off meeting, I may take you up on that Cheese. Chris copied Doug McIlhagga on the response, so at least now 2 people know of the problem.

-----

Thank you for your note. I will make sure someone on our staff follows up with your issue asap. Thank you for your support of the Billikens. we will do everything in our power to fix this important customer service issue. Chris