Pathetic turnout

slulaw09

I think we're going to get more people in the seats in the next few weeks. KSDK did a whole profile on Cassity last night in Sports Plus, showed highlights during the 5 and 10pm news, so that helps. Also, if we win against MVS, it'll be the first time in 10 years that the Bills have started 4-0. That can't hurt. I know SLU's also got some good promotions coming up to help fill seats over Christmas when the students are gone, so I'm pretty optimistic that we'll have good attendance in December.

If we beat Notre Dame, you can expect to see some people in the seats.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without Ellis, I don't see us beating either team, but as I've noted before in print and on air, this is a team with a lot of talent, more talent than any Billiken team that I've been around to see. If the cards fall right, this team could very well make the NIT this year. However, we have to play like we did against Kennesaw and not like how we played against Ambrose.

I'm hoping we can take MVS, and then at least hold our own against Iowa State and NW/ND, and hopefully not limp into Georgia. I think we can beat Georgia and that'd be another good win for us.

fall break.

Look, there always seems to be some Missouri fans on this forum who are a bit sensitive, so I didn't mean for my comment to be taken as a shot. I was simply using that attendance figure to illustrate a point about how poor November attendance typically is found throughout college basketball. I could also use the 4,000 Rhode Island drew or the 4,400 that Missouri State to make the same point, that 6,500 on a beautiful Sunday on the same day as an NFL game in town is quite respectable.

We could easily end up losing to Northwestern.

We could, and we obviously can't overlook anyone. But I actually like our chances against Northwestern now that their best player and another starter are out for the year, and another guard on their team has been having breathing problems. They're a bit more experienced and have Carmody's system down, but we're definitely the more talented team.

No, you're not the only one. I'm tired of all the Mizzou talk on this board.

1 p.m. on a Sunday is a horrible time/day for a game. When I was a student, I was rarely functioning at 1 p.m on Sundays, much less awake and ready to go watch the Bills play a no-name opponent.

I would have gone to yesterday's game had it not conflicted with the Rams game.

I guess there are two of us then.

Look, there always seems to be some Missouri fans on this forum who are a bit sensitive, so I didn't mean for my comment to be taken as a shot. I was simply using that attendance figure to illustrate a point about how poor November attendance typically is found throughout college basketball. I could also use the 4,000 Rhode Island drew or the 4,400 that Missouri State to make the same point, that 6,500 on a beautiful Sunday on the same day as an NFL game in town is quite respectable.

oh sorry didn't mean to appear sensitive was just trying to explain why the figures are low all over the place.

After having season tickets for three years, I decided not to re-up this year for a few reasons, so I wasn't there. That being said, I took my two young kids to the Rams game yesterday- my first trip to the dome since about a month after 9/11/01. What a bore. Billiken basketball is MUCH more exciting, much more fun for a sports fan and much better to entertain children.

I am mystified at the popularity of the ponderous sport of the NFL vs. the excellent value of NCAA hoops. GO Bills.

I agree to a point.

Sure the dome can be dull at times but during winning seasons its hard to top the atmosphere of an NFL game.

Also there are only 8 NFL home games compared to 15-20(?) Bills home games.

And when it comes down to it the NFL is more of a made for TV sport while NCAA hoops (or any NCAA sporting event) cant be topped live.