OT: Midtown Development

Pistol

On 3/13/2024 at 10:32 AM, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Much needed. Haven't been to Armory yet (probably because i'm not a 25 year-old that wears shin-high socks with tennis shoes) but the Foundry is such an amazing project. Walking through it, you get the sense you're in a proper city. The kids even love it. Took them to Puttshack and then to the food hall. Had a blast. Tons of stuff for all ages. The wife and I are checking out Gerard Craft's new speakeasy, located in the bowels of the Foundry, after dinner next week. None of the Above. As Bart Scott once eloquently stated, "Can't wait!"

I love that this is going to get done.

This will link these two developing areas together and allow SLU students to take advantage of the Armory a bit easier.  Of course Uber solves a lot of pains now.

just hope the city and SLUPD ensure it’s a safe area at all times.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

I love that this is going to get done.

This will link these two developing areas together and allow SLU students to take advantage of the Armory a bit easier.  Of course Uber solves a lot of pains now.

just hope the city and SLUPD ensure it’s a safe area at all times.

I believe both developments also have private security. A lot to like with the development going on in that area. 

13 hours ago, White Pelican said:

I believe this story. I'm wondering if the mayor woke up to a horse head in his bed.

Back then the Mayor was Freeman Bosley JR. the current Vito’s was Lindell Mini Mart.  Then, it became Bosley or Clarence Harmon’s election headquarters before turning into Vito’s.  

Originally, Vito’s was located in the basement of the Feathers apartments next to Bullfeathers.  Now I’m reminiscing of the real good times..