Another one bites the dust

I think the public is starting to catch on to what some in the athletic department already know. Shimmy is very hard to play for and hard to get along with. I know there are posters on this board that have sung her praises from her start but she needs to get a serious grip on the program and herself. The young women leaving this program is starting to become an epidemic. IMHO she really has not done much. I would think if the team has another sub par year she should start looking at the job ads.

SHe can not be any worse than Jill Pizzotti. Shimmy is pretty emotional and maybe she should spend less time twittering on her twitter and try to make things a little more simple. SHe is probably gone after this year and they should just hire a male to coach the team because the last successful womens team was coached by a male John O'Brien and after he left the program went to shits.

Rick should be fired after this year too if he can not take them to the NCAA, he i brutal to work for too I hear

Rick should be fired after this year too if he can not take them to the NCAA, he i brutal to work for too I hear

That's unnecessary. RM is a tough coach, but he knows what he is doing, something I'm not convinced Shimmy does. He has a system and is just getting it into place with his own players which he recruited into and for this system. Not to mention he will be a HOF coach. On another note, I don't think there should be pressure to make the tournament this year with such a young team. Next years team should be a tourney team.

Many programs lose player's every year for various reasons. I just read the attached announcement about the most recent departure and I'm trying to find the reason why she left the program and I must be overlooking it somehow. Can someone show me where it was due to the coach? Thx

I don't know why they're leaving, but it does seem to be a lot of players and a few years in a row we've lost at least 1.

I don't know why they're leaving, but it does seem to be a lot of players and a few years in a row we've lost at least 1.

Could it be because Shimmy keeps bring in better players?

Guest BillikenReport

I don't think thats it. They've lost players that definately would have been playing

From what I've heard about this situation, it sounds like it is definitely a personal issue rather than anything the coach might have done.

But of course it doesn't look good when players keep leaving for one reason or another.

This is very sad. How can your third leading scorer as a freshman, start the majority of all the games quit?? Of her own recruits 'six of her own players quit the program. You can say the players can't handle Shimmy, and its all their faults. But six girls? Come on now, there has to be something that Shimmy is doing. Whats done in the dark is finally coming to light...Sorry Shimmy.