Student Ticket Renewal

Received an email this morning from the Athletic Dept./Majerus thanking the students and asking for season ticket purchases.

Dear Students,

Thanks very much for the support. You guys are what we use to say in the old 60’s activist days, “right on!” We really are grateful when you paint your faces, go crazy, get on the refs and cheer for our team. I loved how you heckled the referees, as well. With some of the calls they made, there is another striped shirt they should be wearing.

We hope to help you create a fun atmosphere and we need your support. I will do anything we can to earn it. Your support really means a lot to our players and I thank you for that.

The best way that you can support our program is to become a student season ticket holder and attend our games. Just click on the link below and fill out the order form.

Our guys for the most part played really hard. We want to again reiterate our thanks and offer our heartfelt appreciation for your loyalty to the team. We hope to be in the brackets soon! We want you guys to pick us to win and come watch us in a post season tournament game.

Go Billikens!

So... do we get more students or less students to sign up compared to last year. We got off to a slow start with student support - post BC and Kent St. - but by the end of the year, the students were out in full force.

Thoughts?

Received an email this morning from the Athletic Dept./Majerus thanking the students and asking for season ticket purchases.

Dear Students,

Thanks very much for the support. You guys are what we use to say in the old 60’s activist days, “right on!” We really are grateful when you paint your faces, go crazy, get on the refs and cheer for our team. I loved how you heckled the referees, as well. With some of the calls they made, there is another striped shirt they should be wearing.

We hope to help you create a fun atmosphere and we need your support. I will do anything we can to earn it. Your support really means a lot to our players and I thank you for that.

The best way that you can support our program is to become a student season ticket holder and attend our games. Just click on the link below and fill out the order form.

Our guys for the most part played really hard. We want to again reiterate our thanks and offer our heartfelt appreciation for your loyalty to the team. We hope to be in the brackets soon! We want you guys to pick us to win and come watch us in a post season tournament game.

Go Billikens!

So... do we get more students or less students to sign up compared to last year. We got off to a slow start with student support - post BC and Kent St. - but by the end of the year, the students were out in full force.

Thoughts?

Just curious, what is the cost of a student ticket?

yup $135 for all games and whatever food/party events RickMa decides to throw our way... well worth the investment. This offering is much earlier than last year if I remember correctly. I think we got our emails in late july or early august last year. Hopefully tickets will sell out sooner rather than later now that we have started to see a glimpse of the future success this team could have.

I also think that students learned how to get around the system to not pay last year. System didn't work, etc. And you would need to go to 14 games to get it paid off, out of I think 18 total home games last year. What sucks is that there were about 4 games over our Christmas break, so you would need to go to EVERY game to get your money's worth, which is not possible form most students. And the free pizza and stuff was always flooded with season ticket holders and non holders alike. As well as the not good reputation of blue crew last year... I just see fewer people buying season tickets but buying game day tickets instead.

The one big advantage is the season tickets are charged to your account, so hopefully mommy and daddy will pay

I also think that students learned how to get around the system to not pay last year. System didn't work, etc. And you would need to go to 14 games to get it paid off, out of I think 18 total home games last year. What sucks is that there were about 4 games over our Christmas break, so you would need to go to EVERY game to get your money's worth, which is not possible form most students. And the free pizza and stuff was always flooded with season ticket holders and non holders alike. As well as the not good reputation of blue crew last year... I just see fewer people buying season tickets but buying game day tickets instead.

The one big advantage is the season tickets are charged to your account, so hopefully mommy and daddy will pay

How about the risk of a sellout? If you buy a season ticket, aren't you guaranteed that you can go? Did the student tickets ever sell out last year? Any students turned away or forced to pay a higher rate for a ticket than $10?

not that i ever heard of. I think that when student seats filled up they allowed overflow into the rest of the arena

Interesting. In one sense, you want to encourage the purchase of season tickets but in another sense, you want to simply encourage attendance. and not "punish" and interested, last-minute, band-wagon fan. Turning away a student with $10 (or $5 or even free) is not good at this time in the program but I am trying to think of some "reward" for the student who buys the season ticket (other than his parents pay for it). I know some student sections have both a "down low, right behind the basket" as well as "upper deck section" and that in this case, the student season ticket holder is guaranteed to sit down low. Others make students sit/camp out for game day tickets but, like I said, our program is not there yet. Assigned "better" seats doesn't work because students want/need to sit in their own groups - or should I say standing in bleachers.

Free food for the student season ticket holder? Any thoughts?

I would have to agree with your comments!

I'm a distance education student, when in town I bought two student tix. Then when I showed up at the game I find out they were letting anyone with a student ID in for free. It bothered me a bit that they couldn't tell me that earlier that day or was it the day before? Anyway, the benefit of the student season tix is better seats and you get to choose who is next to you if you go in with other people.

I'm a distance education student, when in town I bought two student tix. Then when I showed up at the game I find out they were letting anyone with a student ID in for free. It bothered me a bit that they couldn't tell me that earlier that day or was it the day before? Anyway, the benefit of the student season tix is better seats and you get to choose who is next to you if you go in with other people.

I thought SLU had offered some free tickets to some students but not sure, still not sure, how that worked.

Not surprised about SLU not telling you about the free tickets while you were purchasing your $10 ticket in that right after SLU collected money from season ticket holders, they immediately began the free food discounts, etc. Same response to the student students, SLU is trying everything just to gets butts in the seats. Longterm, winning (and I believe we are real close) will cause sellouts and with sellouts, there will be an end to the freebies and fans (both students and otherwise) will be glad they own their season tickets.

I expect several more sellouts and even more wins this coming year and nearly every game the year after to be sellouts. If not, frankly I'd be disappointed. While it will be completely new students then (as opposed to the years of student apathy), I can already hear the students whine -- why don't they offer more than 1000 tickets to the students..., we students pay $$$$ per year for school..., why does the band get so many tickets..., University of ABC provides more than 1000 tickets to the students.... :unsure:

I know Majerus joked after the "White Out" and "Blue Out" that now he knows how to get the students to come - give the food and a T-Shirt. :unsure: But I agree that once Chaifetz starts rocking with good basketball, it will be a rarity on campus to NOT go to a game. I think we already see that with volleyball. By the end of the season, there were more than 20 students there, opposed to 5 at the beginning of conference play.

yup $135 for all games and whatever food/party events RickMa decides to throw our way... well worth the investment. This offering is much earlier than last year if I remember correctly. I think we got our emails in late july or early august last year. Hopefully tickets will sell out sooner rather than later now that we have started to see a glimpse of the future success this team could have.

I think many schools are sending out renewals earlier this year (cash on hand for the university during these hard economic times). Non-premium renewals went out to X season ticket holders in late April. I think we also have a drawing for a free pair of season tickets if you renew early.

$135 is a great deal for college basketball tickets.